hi there! i just got myself a fender pickguard tricked out with kent armstrongs and they're all wired up and ready to go. the thing is i don't know how to wire em

so i got 3 questions

1. theres one wire coming from the volume nob (i'm guessing thats for the input jack) do i split it 2 and solder it on both sides? or do i do something else?
2. theres 3 black wires for ground i'm guessin? do i just solder that to the bottom the my strat onto the tremolo?
3. is it better if i just get a technician to look at it?

cheers!
i've looked at the diagram and its exactly like mine my question is i've got one hot wire and 3 grounds. do i solder the grounds to the bottom of the g-tar then wire the hot wire to the output jack? coz this is how my old setup was like.
One hot and three grounds from each pickups?

If not, unsolder all the wires attatched to the pots, input jack and trem claw and start from scratch.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
One hot and three grounds from each pickups?

If not, unsolder all the wires attatched to the pots, input jack and trem claw and start from scratch.

the 3 grounds came from each pickup and i'm guessing they were all connected to the trem claw. what confuses me is that theres only one hot wire. do i split it and wire solder that to the Left and right of the output jack or do i choose one to solder it to?
Ah. You can solder those ground to the back of one of your pots. Just makes sure you solder a new wire coming from the trem claw there too. Then the how wire should go to the tip of your output jack. Another wire should come from the sleeve on the output jack and that should be soldered to the back of the pot, too.
Much more convenient to solder them to the back of one of the pots, in my opinion. That's how I ground all my wires. And make sure you add a wire to the SLEEVE on the output jack, and ground that. And then yeah, hot wire to the TIP on the output jack. They're two very different things on the jack. The Seymour Duncan Diagram kinda shows you what they look like.
when i add a wire to the sleeve can i use any type of wire and can i ground that wire to a pot
ok heres wat i've done so far
basically i've added a ground to the volume pot for the output jack and now
the HOT wire and ground will go to the output jack and the ground for the pick ups will go straight to the trem claw, just like my old setup

will that work?
p.s. Thanks for answering all my stupid noobish questions! if i could give 20 bucks to each of you guys i would! THANKS!

QUICK EDIT!
I just soldered the pickup ground to the pots and got a wire going from there to the sleeve if u get what i mean

QUICK EDIT 2!
IT WORKS! AND THEY SOUND SOO SWEET! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!
Last edited by sasuke_kun12 at Feb 13, 2007,