hey everyone. i'm looking for a great valve amp that fits my tight budget of 400-700 dollars australian. i dont need all valve, i just dont want the crappy sounding solid state digital sound. i found the hartke gt60 and the vox valvetronix ad30vt but are they both "proper" valve amps?
Not sure on the Hartke, but the Vox is a 'hybrid' amp. Basically, its a SS amp with a tube in it for 'real tube tone'. The one tube does very little at all to the overall sound because in the end its still a modeling amp.

What kind of tunes do you play?
well, i play mostly classic rock, but i dont want an amp with seriously low gain. i want to be be able to (kind of weakly) play a bit of metal at times, but i play mostly classic rock (led zeppelin, pink floyd some eric clapton)
Yeah dude, maybe check out the Peavey Valveking. Or the Fender Blues Jr. Theres the Epiphone Blues Custom, Ashdown Fallen Angel...and tons more. All are fairly inexpensive yet decent/good amps for classic rock/rock. Then again, I dont know whats available over there for you or if some things are way more expensive then they are here lol.
all he/she/it can afford is a VJ or a used BJ essentially.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Are you shittin me dude? Damn...expensive over there I take it...

edit- this is the only place on the net that you can type out "BJ" and we know its an amplifier...
Quote by kurdtkobaign

this is the only place on the net that you can type out "BJ" and we know its an amplifier...

Lmao I love that! Also try looking for a Marshall JTM 30 or 60, I picked up a used 30 with an extension cabinet for about £200 (no idea what that is in other currencies though, lol), and its great for classic rock tones. I found it fell down slightly when I needed higher gain though, which is why I changed it.
i meant blow job....

i did...

and yes, it is expensive, because everything has to get freighted over a massive ****ing ocean to get here.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Hey its not our fault you were born there...

But hey, at least it doesnt rain 89% of the whole ****ing year over there like it does where I live...
lol. but the valve junior - it might go loud, but its only 5 watts! even with the combo model, does it have good distorting tone as an all tube should? i mean, i'v enever heard of a 5 watter doing much more than a 15 watt should...
you'd be able to get a second hand peavey classic 30 on ebay for around $700, not counting postage. sounds like it'd be perfect for the sound you want too.
Ibanez RG1570
Fender Mexican Fat Strat

Engl Thunder 50 Reverb combo
Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor
yeah, but nah, i want to get somthing new, so i can make some money on it after i have enough money and talent for a stack
well in australia we don't sell ****ing squire packs for 600 dollars.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Laney VC15r.... $700 all valve, ****ing great amp..
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
really. thats good, since i have heard laney's are alright. thanks
I picked up my JCM800 at Cashies for $700, 2nd hand for you if you want a half decent tube amp in that budget.

New, yeah the Vox AD30VT would be a fair option so would the Laney.
Quote by EpiPaul
yeah, but nah, i want to get somthing new, so i can make some money on it after i have enough money and talent for a stack

The depreciation from 1st hand -> 2nd hand is much bigger than the depreciation from 2nd hand -> 3rd hand. But whatever floats your boat.
Ibanez RG1570
Fender Mexican Fat Strat

Engl Thunder 50 Reverb combo
Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor