i have a spare bass that is itching for mods. It has a p style pickup and a jaqzz pick up.
It is cheap bass i got on ebay, and I have run out of i deas for it.

I have filed the pick ups down to almost nothing on one bass, another bass i have has completely different pick ups, should I leave this one be? Anyone else do mods to their basses, or amps or anything?
What shoudl you do?

For starters get some push pull pots and phase those pickups for some weird funky sounds.

Maybe get a sustainer put in the neck position above the P BAss pickup.

Repaint it.

Get a new whammy bridge

Remove the frets and fill in the holes for lines (or lack of lines depending on color)

Hipshot D Bass string Tuner! (Billy Sheehan style! )

You should see my Bass! An old Silvertone Bass I ripped the pickup out of, cut out most of the pickguard (exept for a control plate I cut out of it), put in a musicman with a VERY sloppy router job, and made a volume, tone, coil tap control thing.

Aswell as I am making another Bass of mine fretless! It was an old peice of crap that my band tried to flip (they did this before I came along so you know)
Turn it into a fretless.
Everyone loves a fretless.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Yeah, that one over there -->
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
might remove the frets, and already done the musicman conversion, with a tidy routing job, and the pick guard cut down tidily on another bass.

have messed with the pickups on this by adding larger magnets to the pick ups, but it did nothing, I want to get rid of the p style pickups and maybe try wiring it with active pick ups.
i have a crappy p-bass wanna be bass lying around, how much should it cost for me to get my frets removed professionally? and is it worth it on a 130 dollar bass?

thanks