Hi, I have a Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II/210 combo. Soon i plan to buy the 115 RBH extension cabinet. I was wondering, were i to also buy the 410 RBH cabinet, could the head from the combo be easily removed and used as the amp for the potential stack. If so the stack would be for gigs, but i would keep the 2x10 from the combo for practice. Is this possible/practical?
1987 Fender Jazz Bass Special (Japan)-----Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 H---Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi----Boss CEB-3----Gallien-Krueger-700-RB/210 Combo
Well, I did something simliar to this back when I still had my Backline 115. It was pretty simple, I just took out the 4 screws that held the head in the combo, and slid it out. Except I used that speaker as another cab for my Ashdown rig.

If the head in your combo has an extension speaker jack, or 2 speaker output jacks, then you can do this. I would recommend making/buying some sort of cover for the combo because when I did this there was no top to the Backline head in my cab.

This seems to be a more practical solution then buying a whole new head when you have a perfectly good one in a combo. Plus, you have an extra set of 10's laying around if you want to use those instead of the 15" or 4x10"
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Cool thought as much, just thought i would check with others. It is just the 700RB-II head in the same enclosure as a 210RBH but i wasnt sure if it was do-able. Cheers dude.
1987 Fender Jazz Bass Special (Japan)-----Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 H---Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi----Boss CEB-3----Gallien-Krueger-700-RB/210 Combo