opf
Our Planned Failure
165 IQ
Ok, so my band got through to the regional BOTB comp in the midlands, UK. The only problem is that we can only play one cover song and nothing else, so we need something thats going to make people dance and sing-a-long to.
Heres a little about us; We have
2 female lead singers - one classically trained, one more punk
2 guitarists - we both play mostly rhythm and can both sing
1 very good drummer
(we can have a bass if it is really essential)

Just thought you lots might be able to give me some ideas on bands. We're mainly looking for something modern though.
Oh, and we played Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly last time

Thanks
Our Planned Failure
GiantRaven
UG Spammer
1,301 IQ
God people who underrate bassists annoy me

look into some Muse? I always thought female singers would sound good with Muse
opf
Our Planned Failure
165 IQ
We don't have a bassist because there isn't one on our course anymore, sadly. But there are second years that can session for us.
Muse would be cool, but our other guitarist would sound better singing it and it doesn't give the other singers anything to do... thanks though
Our Planned Failure
Rock_DKS_Style
29 IQ
try HIM - Rip Out The Wings Of A butterfly!

It may raise a few eye balls!
Gibson Phoney
Take A Bow
322 IQ
Try A Muse song anyway, have your other guitarist sing lead a female as backup and the other one play keyboard or something.
AdamDK
Meh.
2,296 IQ
A Favor House Atlantic! A girls voice will definately suit that song, and it is quite energetic, but easy to play. It should get the crowd singing if they know it.

Oh and it's by Coheed and Cambria if you didn't know.
Helgi T.T.
HenDriX = the guitar god!
120 IQ
Try Barfly by Jeff Who? , Great song to dance with
ar73m
Fantastik Pandastik
526 IQ
Hmm, I think you should look into some Cannibal Corpse. I always thought female vocals would sound great on their songs.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Doolittle
:liplick:
844 IQ
step 1) get a bassist
Step 2) Play Dance to the Music

due to the small fact that people can dance to it and sing along to it, and it's be very unquie to see a band play it, The Family Stone FTW!

joshsirjoshules
UG Newbie
1,741 IQ
Play "Teen Age Riot" by Sonic Youth. Absolutely perfect, you will get everyone on your side if you play that song.
GrungePb
Banned
440 IQ
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Play "Teen Age Riot" by Sonic Youth. Absolutely perfect, you will get everyone on your side if you play that song.

+1 good song