I some points accumalted at this record store and I was wondering which album should I buy? I want to buy a very very brilliant albuim which will keep me entertained for life. Like what American Idiot did to me.

I like beatles, the who, led zepp, hendrix stuff

So I was think Sgt peppers, but then i was also wondering between quadrophenia n tommy..

plz give suggestions
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
None of them.

Buy, American Minor's self titled album.

Or any Kenny Loggins greatest hits album.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
isnt kenny loggins into country?

BTW I am a crazy fan of mad rock n roll. Like the strumming of townshend.
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
Nah man Kenny Loggins is shit hot. Some of the greatest rock music you'll EVER hear. The guitar playing is just unreal.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Well, Invincibleneo,
You can ignore anything released by Led Zeppelin. (Now I realize I'm talking sheer blasphemy here because most LGGs fed too long on kkkorporate rock tend to adore these talentless thieves, but bear with me my friend).

The Beatles would make a fine addition to your collection, though the Pepper album is not among their best. (Highly reccomended but not #1) If you choose to go the Beatles route get the British releases rather than Amerikkkan as crimnial Kkkapitol Records regularly "altered" all the Beatles albums released before Pepper. My reccomendations: Rubber Soul or Revolver. Rubber Soul has many terrific acoustic type rock gems. Revolver is afire with great lyrics and riffs!

The Who material you would be well to investigate are neither of the "operas". Both Tommy and Quadrophenia lose incredible amounts of their impact and fire due to the Who's recording engineer and producer to ever approximate anything on vinyl approaching the beast that was the " 'orrible Who" onstage. f you are dead set on selecting between the two-take Quadrophenia. My reccomendation to you, though would be WHO'S NEXT. Containing two of the most recognizable mainstream Who anthems (Baba O'Reilly and Won't Get Fooled Again) you are also blessed with John Entwhistle' wickedly funny My Wife and the very moving songs Going Mobile and Behind Blue Eyes. This album also catches much more of the flavor of the raging live Who beast.

Finally- Mr. James Marshall Hendrix. What can one say? The master. The innovator. Often imitated, never duplicated. You have two routes to go. You can experience the majesty and mastery that was Jimi live. That can be accomplished by getting a good copy of BAND OF GYPSIES (with Buddy Miles and Billy Cox) or if you are really adventurous seek out a copy of HENDRIX IN THE WEST. BOG is a wonderful testament to Jimi's creativity in a live situation focusing on a single night's performance at the Filmore East on New Year's eve 1969-70. Prepare to be blown away. If you are fortunate to lay your hands on ITW you will be treated to a tour de force. Culled from shows you get ultra rare (Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band) incredible reworkings of a cover tune (Johnny B. Goode) amazing extended soloing (Here My Train A-Comin) and shimmering performances of classic tunes (Lover Man, Voodoo Chile -slight return) If you truly love Jimi, these live discs will turn your love to devotion.
No one was more the master of studio than Jimi. There is only one choice for uninterrupted extended enjoyment. Electric Ladyland. From the opening tape loopings to the last notes of Jimi wahwahing off into eternal Godhead the album will continue to be a present to be unwrapped and rediscovered again and again with each play. Bar busting rave up (Come On pt 1) blues mastery (Voodoo Child-with Steve Winwood on organ), jazz explorations (Rainy Day Dream Away/Still Raining Still Dreaming), reworking a cover so definitively that it is Jimi's not the author's (All Along The Watch Tower)-and I haven't covered an entire disc of this massive two disc wonder.

Enjoy, my friend! You have some great music to discover, explore and worship.
Das leben ist kein Geschenk, es ist ein Fluch!
Last edited by jacretin at Feb 12, 2007,
Quote by jacretin
Well, Invincibleneo,
You can ignore anything released by Led Zeppelin. (Now I realize I'm talking sheer blasphemy here because most LGGs fed too long on kkkorporate rock tend to adore these talentless thieves, but bear with me my friend).

But still, go for Kenny Loggins.
Quote by CornLord

Quote by invincibleneo
I some points accumalted at this record store and I was wondering which album should I buy? I want to buy a very very brilliant albuim which will keep me entertained for life. Like what American Idiot did to me.

I like beatles, the who, led zepp, hendrix stuff

So I was think Sgt peppers, but then i was also wondering between quadrophenia n tommy..

plz give suggestions

well if you say American Idiot was an album that will enertain you for life then buy ANYTHING by beatles, the who, led zepp, hendrix
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
What he said^

If you want rock get The Who Live at Leeds. Timeless classic. If I had to decide between Tommy and quadrophenia (as a Who beginner) *I* would choose Tommy.
Tommy and Live at Leeds (two disc edition) should entertain you for the next couple of lifes.^^
However, you should check all of the other bands as well sometime.^^
The Led Zeppelin live album (How The West Was Won) is awesome.