This competition will be based on the boardgame Clue/Cluedo. Since there are only six characters in the game there will only be room for six participants total. Each participant will be assigned a character, a weapon, and a room. I've assigned numbers to each of these from one to six, so when you sign-up for the comp give me a number from one to six (that somebody hasn't already picked) and that's what will decide which clues are assigned to you.

Criteria:

- must be a description of that nights events (murder).
- at least 4 stanzas long.
- can be in any form.
- can NOT say the name of your character/weapon/room in your piece.

So basically you're trying to make the who, where, and how obvious to the reader, but you have to do it without directly saying who it was, where it happened, and how it happened.

I'm probably not going to actually start this competition until one of the ones running is finished, but I figured I might as well start sign-ups.

1]bassbeat77 (1)*
2]Alix_D (5)*
3]Retribution (6)
4]Alk 3 addict (4)*
5]furtherfan21 (3)*
6]Silence_Evolves (2)
Last edited by bassbeat77 at Feb 21, 2007,
In.

EDIT: Uhhhhh I'll take... 4
Quote by Cal UK
Alk hit the nail on the head there.
Last edited by Alk 3 addict at Feb 12, 2007,
in i'll try this.
err.... sorry... I'll take 3
Can you see in the dark? Can you see the look on your face?
okay one spot left... and i guess i'm going to start this in 2 days... so i'll PM each of you their details then.
i'll PM everyone their assigned clues today (13th) and I'll set the due date for the 20th.
Quote by circular.parade

Also.

why not... create more characters/rooms/weapons? Could be interesting, no?

sorry circular.parade... i didnt notice your suggestion until i had already started giving out the clues... otherwise i would have considered it.

and oh yeah... due date is now 21st.
^okay this is what we'll do then... since you wouldnt be able to have a piece ready ahead of time because you wouldnt know the details you needed yet... if you're needed i'll PM you with the clues from whoever you're filling in for... and then I'll give you 2 or 3 full days past the due date to get a piece done. The rest would still be due on the 21st. I think that sounds fair.
Quote by bassbeat77
^okay this is what we'll do then... since you wouldnt be able to have a piece ready ahead of time because you wouldnt know the details you needed yet... if you're needed i'll PM you with the clues from whoever you're filling in for... and then I'll give you 2 or 3 full days past the due date to get a piece done. The rest would still be due on the 21st. I think that sounds fair.

Sounds fine.
Quote by bassbeat77

and oh yeah... due date is now 21st.

There it is...
Quote by Cal UK
Alk hit the nail on the head there.
Quote by SilenceEvolves
Do you have email?

My browser freezes everytime I try to send a PM for some reason.

well i got your piece so i assume you don't need my email anymore.
frig okay... i didnt get a piece from one of the entrants... and since i think this comp really needs all 6 pieces... can anyone get me a 6th piece by the end of the day today?

sorry for all of those who are waiting for this to get going... but as it stands the polls would be uneven.
just so everybody knows how the polls are going to run... the top two will move on to the finals from each set... so four pieces make the finals... and then once the finals are done:

1st = 4pts.
2nd = 3pts.
3rd = 2pts.

if a tie breaker is needed we'll just add up the number of votes that each of the pieces in question had received throughout the whole comp. and decide that way.

k i think thats it.... and sorry for not explaining all of this sooner... it just hit me