How can i can i speed up my playing? i know you start slow then gradually build up the speed, but what the **** should i start on?
Scales. Learn some of them, learn them properly. Then, move on to something easyish, e.g. some punk/easy rock songs- im gonna use my lil bro as an example for this, as in 1 year he became good quick

1-bought scales book- then in a day he knew his a major and minor scales (i helped, so it was quick)

2-kept learning scales- taught him 'o yeah' and 'hey joe' in a day

3- he started going to my teacher for lessons. Became obssessed with james brown bass playing. Then moved on, continuing the theory.

Copy this pattern of theory-songs-lessons. become good!

Hope it all goes well buddy
I want you vincent745!

member #5 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Quote by Satan Man
How can i can i speed up my playing? i know you start slow then gradually build up the speed, but what the **** should i start on?

Start on whatever you want to become fast at. Chromatic runs with different finger patterns are amazing for finger independence. Scales as said below.. but too much scale work without changing things around has only a limited benefit. Try playing your scales in 2nds, 3rds, 4ths etc...

Buy a metronome and do not practice scales without it. If you cant play something at least ten times without making a single mistake, you cant play it. So turn the speed down and try again.

Good luck.

Oh, and remember...the most important thing ever... PATIENCE.