Hello i'm planning on getting a Mrshall AVT50X off the internet for around £210 with postage.

The music I play is:
Green Day
Guns 'N' Roses
Sum 41
The Darkness
Trivium (Tiny Bit)
Arctic Monkeys

To Sum Up Mostly Punk, Indie, Rock and a bit of Metal.

I am also in a band and am looking to use this amp for small gigs around 100-200 people.

I've heard that Marshall Distortion is amazing and will this amp suit my styles of music.
Is the clean channel good as I plan on using it in several songs that i will play/write.

Please write back saying whether:
-The Price is Good
-The Distortion/Clean is Good
-It suits my playing style
-It's loud enough to gig with
-There are no problems with it

Thanks alot Ryan
    Gear:
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus in Trans Amber
    Stagg Les Paul Hard Case
    Cruiser Strat
    One of those starter 10w amps with horrible gain
    Marshall MS-4 (Mini is Better)
    Cobra 30m Lead
    50 watts Solid State would need mic'ing up. But there not a bad amp at all.

Would suggest blagging and borrowning amps till you can afford something bigger

OR look into the peavy valve king series! amazing value and good performance. and there valves!

www.guitarampkeyboard.com for more! x
    I want you vincent745!

member #5 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
    An AVT isnt going to get you 'that amazing marshall sound'.

That only comes from their valve amps im afraid, the AVT series is mediocre at best.

Look into:

Used JCM 800s
    Used JCM 900s
    JCM 2000 DSL401.

Those would suit your style, and sound infinitely better
    New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
    Quote by st-jenno
    I've heard that Marshall Distortion is amazing and will this amp suit my styles of music.

You didn't hear that about Marshall ATV's. You won't get a lot of love for that amp around here. A better choice would be either a Vox AD50VT or a Roland Cube 60 in the same price/size range. If metal is just a small part of what you do, I'd lean towards the Vox. Better cleans and classic rock overdrive.

Gigging for 100-200 people, any 50-60W solid state amp will pretty much be at it's limit. It should be able to do it, but not much more.
    You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
    i love you slats.
    Here's an idea.... buy a good amp instead.
    Laney LC15 or Epi Valve Jr+cab.
    "Breathe, breathe in the air
    Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
    Quote by mrperson
    Dunno but i would personally get the head and then a 4x12. louder!

Or he could urinate on his money

Go for a Roland Cube, Vox Valvetronix or as R_H_C_P said, a Epi Valve Jr + cab
    Funny words.
    The Volume's not really a problem for when I get playing bigger gigs bacause i've looked into it and you can replace the internal speaker for an external speaker e.g. a AVT412A/B
    Thanks for the comments
    p.s.
    I would like an amp with 2 channels and a footpedal
    Gear:
    Stagg Les Paul Hard Case
    Cruiser Strat
    Cobra 30m Lead
    I'm actually using a Valvestate 100 watts and I did several gigs with it and never pushed the volume farther then 5 or 6, but I always mic it thought. I don't really know about the AVT tones but I love my Valvestate tones and a lot of peoples told me that my amp sounded really good too....
    ((( KoskineN )))

-ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe VHB
    -Fender Telecaster Lite Ash
    -Mesa Roadster 2x12 combo
    -Fulltone Clyde Dlx, OCD, '69
    -Boss BD-2, CE-5, DD-20, TU-2, RC-2
    -MXR Phase 90 & EVH Flanger
    -EHX Little Big Muff - Holy Grail - Micro POG
    i know that loads of people say mgsare rubbish but i played on a mg100dfx and it wasnt that bad. but i also herad the avt is better than mg is this true
    Gear:
    Stagg Les Paul Hard Case
    Cruiser Strat
    Cobra 30m Lead
    ^ yes, but better than absolute shite is still shite.

If you truly don't play too much metal, i'd consider a laney vc15.

If you play enough metal where you need a good metal tone, a roland cube 30 or 60 might be worth a look... but be warned, the non-metal and non-hard rock tones will probably suffer. it just depends what you want.
    I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
    Quote by K33nbl4d3
    I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
    Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
    Et tu, br00tz?
    I've been looking at the Carvin SX series, they might be worth a look.
    Quote by st-jenno
    i know that loads of people say mgsare rubbish but i played on a mg100dfx and it wasnt that bad. but i also herad the avt is better than mg is this true

Thread necrophilia just to big up an mg - you're beyond sick.
    Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
    People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
    i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
    ^

i missed that.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
    Quote by K33nbl4d3
    I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
    Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
    Et tu, br00tz?
    Quote by Dave_Mc
    ^ yes, but better than absolute shite is still shite.

If you truly don't play too much metal, i'd consider a laney vc15.

If you play enough metal where you need a good metal tone, a roland cube 30 or 60 might be worth a look... but be warned, the non-metal and non-hard rock tones will probably suffer. it just depends what you want.

hey you.

http://www.ncpc.org/cyberbullying

DON'T WRITE IT. DON'T FORWARD IT.
    ^ i'd consider it more a harsh reality than bullying myself.
    Quote by Kutanmoogle
    Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
    OLP John Petrucci
    ENGL Thunder 50
    EHX Holy Grail
    EHX Small Clone
    EHX Big Muff USA
    Boss DD-3
    Vox V847
    Korg Toneworks OD
    i got that ad on my aim. thought it was funny. so i looked for the first post condemning something and shazamm. NOONE'S UGLIER THAN A CYBERBULLY.

actually, i know lots of ugly people.
    pic doesn't work.

I disagree it's bullying though. Would you rather have someone be nice to you and sell you crap, or someone tell you it how it is?
    Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
    Et tu, br00tz?
    If someone has a crap amp I only give suggestions on how to make it sound the best it can. Used to be I would advise against amps I know to be crap. I did not consider it bullying. Buy your junk and waste your money. Some people just have to make their own mistakes.
    Arguably it's far crueller to stand idly by and let somebody buy crap when you're in a position to offer good advice.
    Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
    People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
    i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
    ^ +^^
    Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
    Et tu, br00tz?
    in all honesty i just looked for a thread about something terrible and then aimed that at the first critic of anything.

it popped up on my aim messenger buddy advertisement and i found it hilarious.
    yeah, it is pretty funny. the pic's working now, no idea why it didn't work for me yesterday...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
    Et tu, br00tz?