Im am a beginnner at improvisation and need licks for improvisation. Where can I find these?

Does anyone know any good jam trak website?
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
there are no licks over htere. But i did find a backing track. There are lessons for song solos. No licks!
Quote by hendo123456789
Really, the best place to find licks in is your own head. Coming up with your own stuff is much more fun and useful than playing other's stuff. However, being the happy helpful panda I am, I'm going to give you a suggestion that is actually useful.

Depending on the style of music you play, go get Troy Stetina's Heavy Metal Lead, Heavy Metal Rhythm, Speed and Thrash, or Total Rock Guitar books; you might also want to get the Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar by same author. They're readily available online, contain lots (and I mean LOTS) of awesome licks, riffs, and solos, and are generally very useful. They also pack a bunch of backing tracks as well, which is a nice bonus if you're trying to learn to improvise.

Another good one - though I'd say it's more advanced than Stetina's stuff - is John Petrucci's Wild Stringdom, it's very nice too.

And here's one more tip on learning to improvise - get a few backing tracks for songs you know well and enjoy, then try to come up with your own stuff in same key as the original song is over the backing track, it's great fun and will help your improvisation skills lots! If you can't find the backing tracks you want, you can always use guitarpro, there's thousands of GP tracks on UG (even though they sound like shitte, they give the general idea )

Hope this helps!
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
umm see as far as making ur own lick is concerned im not able to do all of that. I need licks n some backing traks to begin, to get an idea on how to work.

I am not really a metal fan. I don't like a single metal song. So something else probably....

Thanks for ur advice.
Quote by hendo123456789
myguitarsolo.com has tons of licks. also at the top of the site there is something that says blues practice and another that says jazz practice that leads to backing tracks.
thanks so much for that.

I could also use more ref if u got.

More the merrier
Quote by hendo123456789
Try riffinteractive.com, they have teachers post lessons on various styles of guitar playing often with scales licks and loop tracks to play over, the lessons are archived and you can access them for free, or buy cd's after they have been pulled from the site and published.