Well, I am new to recording and am having pretty good success so far. The only problem right now is I can't quite get my vocals to sound the way I want. They seem "thin" somehow, I've tried some things to improve the sound but nothing seems to work. Now part of the problem is probably my limited singing ability, and part of it is the fact that I am using a dynamic mic for recording. But I was hoping people here could give me some tips on things I can do, either during the recording or post processing, that would help me get a "fuller" sound. And don't say "get a condenser mic", I'm working on it but it ain't happening any time real soon.

Thanks!
Make sure you have a High pass filter on the mic, usually somewhere around a 80-125hz cut.

As for the thin sound, add some low mids on the eq and drop out some high, or just mess around with the eq till you get the sound you like.
I got nothing to say here

Guitar: Red Ibanez RG120
Dynamic mics have been used on thousands of recordings. There is nothing flawed about recording with a dynamic. Sometimes a condenser does great things, but that is usually best for softer types of voices.

A lot of the dynamics have a upper midrange boost that you may be hearing so you may try cutting that first. If that doesn't help, a wide boost at 800 of just 1 or 2dB can make a world of difference. Don't overdo it, though.

Your dynamic mic is probably cardiod and will be subject to the proximity effect. Use it to your advantage.

http://www.recordingreview.com/music_glossary/2006/06/02/proximity-effect/

Brandon
i cant stress enough how much overlaying tracks over and over again helps. It gives your vocals that fatness to it. also, you really need a compressor to push things to the limit and make it sound good. Compressors also fatten up the sound.

Eq'ing is probably your biggest issue. U just gotta get good at it and there is no other way to that besides years of practice....
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay