ive never realy listened to him, name me few albums i should get out and get and some of the tracks on those albums worth listening to first
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let people have guns ...why should we let them have ideas?
--Joseph Stalin
Deep Purple In Rock - standout tracks include Child In Time

Machine Head - listen to Lazy
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Made in Japan - Highway Star
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
anything by rainbow
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
From Deep Purple get In Rock for really gritty music and more polished stuff on Machine Head. From Rainbow get Rising and Long Live Rock and Roll. But if you really want to know what Blackmore is about get Rainbow live in Germany or On Stage. These two live albums will show you his brilliance. Amazing live player.

Alright, for individual songs. Listen to Child in Time, Speed King, Flight of the Rat from In Rock. From Machine Head; Smoke on the Water, Highway Star, and Space Truckin' although the insane heavines of space truckin' is actually keyboard at the beginning. From Rainbow Rising Listen to Stargazer, Tarot Woman and Run with the Wolf.
From Long Live Rock and Roll listen to Kill the King, Lady of the Lake, and Rainbow Eyes. That should give you a good idea of what Blackmore can do with an axe.

Go to the Rainbow fanclan legacy site for some nice live footage of the man in black doing his thing. Below is the url

http://www.rainbowfanclan.com/

have fun
Last edited by TwistedLogic at Feb 12, 2007,
There's a Ritchie Blackmore and Rainbow thread in this forum that this should go in, and a Classic Rock Reccomendations' thread that you can reference. The Rec thread is stickied at the top of the page, and will have something on Deep Purple and Rainbow I'm sure.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)