Page 1 of 2
British comedy is the best, absolutely.

I mean, come on! Monty Python! Rowan Atkinson! Fawlty Towers! Not the Nine O'Clock News! The Fast Show! The Vicar of Dibley! Keeping Up Appearances!

Let's discuss our favourite shows and sketches, our least favourite shows and sketches, upcoming plans, etc.

To begin with, I'll also give you 3 brilliant sketches-

Not the Nine O'Clock News- Constable Savage

Fawlty Towers- Don't Mention the War!

Rowan Atkinson- Fatal Beating
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
British comedy is the best. More recent stuff that deserve a mention are: The Office; The Peep Show and Extras.

Panel shows are great over here aswell: Never Mind The Buzzcocks; Have I Got News For You; Mock The Week (only because of Franky) and 8 Out Of 10 Cats.
ok well the obvious one, Little Britain lmao love that show, only sketch i don't like is them two lady men people that annoys me.
Quote by Jackolas
If I opened an Indian my slogan would be...

"If you don't crap your pants within five minutes of consumption you get a free warm soda!"
I really miss the fast show! Scorchio!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by joeljoel
ok well the obvious one, Little Britain lmao love that show, only sketch i don't like is them two lady men people that annoys me.

The first season was good; but after that it became stale and repetetive.

Quote by indie-bassist
I really miss the fast show! Scorchio!

It was great, and is still watchable today. I really need to get the DVD's
Fawlty Towers, Monty Python and Only Fools And Horses = <3
Last edited by gallagher2006 at Feb 12, 2007,
Quote by _Mayday_

It was great, and is still watchable today. I really need to get the DVD's

There are DVD's?! I never realised!! The fast show never gets tiring but none of my friends have ever heard of it They have never lived.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
There are DVD's?! I never realised!! The fast show never gets tiring but none of my friends have ever heard of it They have never lived.

Yeah, I saw them in HMV and WHSmith.
Shaun of the Dead owns! I tried to find small clips on youtube but there were so many I couldn't put them all but they were all funny as hell. Heh
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
young ones, i remember that, quality
Quote by Jackolas
If I opened an Indian my slogan would be...

"If you don't crap your pants within five minutes of consumption you get a free warm soda!"
Little Brittain is absolutley terrible, Monty Python's flying circus (and all their other movies) are fantastic.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM Dorkus Malorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.

Please, crit my song!
Vision at the Stairs
The Fast Show is brilliant. Also, AbFab, Men Behaving Badly, Spaced, Father Ted, Hippies (I don't know who will have heard of this, but it was brilliant), Red Dwarf, Black Books... the list is endless.
Quote by thellamaking

Young ones anyone? none of my friends seem to know it.

I saw that once, didn't find it funny though...
Shawn of the dead made me cry, it was so damn funny.

Bill Bailey is a genious.

All of the shows mentioned so far are amazing... I doubt there are any US shows that can come close... maybe scrubs cos that is just plain rediculas.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by raise_the_dead

I mean, come on! Monty Python! Rowan Atkinson! Fawlty Towers! Not the Nine O'Clock News! The Fast Show! The Vicar of Dibley! Keeping Up Appearances

FxCK YEAH!!!!!
wow...COOKIES!!
Quote by raise_the_dead

I mean, come on! Monty Python! Rowan Atkinson! Fawlty Towers! Not the Nine O'Clock News! The Fast Show! The Vicar of Dibley! Keeping Up Appearances!

+1
I cant believe no one has mentioned Spaced, Red Dwarf, Blackadder and Black Books. They are amazing British comedies. Also, im quite fond of the Green Wing. Its wierd, and takes a bit of getting used to but i think its genious.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
haha, america has NOTHING on us brits, like did anyone see the american version of The Office? it sucked so bad it actually HURT to watch
Quote by Demonbreed
I cant believe no one has mentioned Spaced, Red Dwarf, Blackadder and Black Books. They are amazing British comedies.

*cough cough*
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
The fact that you inluded anythinh with Dawn French makes oyu evil...

Though, Black books and Brass eye are the two funniest series ever.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Red Dwarf ftw!

British comedy rules lol all of the above are awesome.

good times....
Green wing ftw!

Brass eye and the day today also, youtube them, they'll rofl your waffle
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Black books, Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, and if Hot Fuzz is even half as good as anything Pegg and Frost have done, it'll be there too.

Anyone see topgear last night? It has to be mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajWS8gCJOac

For anyone who doesn't know, they were driving through deep south of America, and their challenge was to get each other shot. So they each wrote slogans on each others cars; 'Gay love rules OK', 'Country Western sucks' and 'Hillary for President' were what they came up with. Watch it.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
You have a small penis and will never satisfy a woman.
Quote by lordshepp
Black books, Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, and if Hot Fuzz is even half as good as anything Pegg and Frost have done, it'll be there too.

Anyone see topgear last night? It has to be mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajWS8gCJOac

For anyone who doesn't know, they were driving through deep south of America, and their challenge was to get each other shot. So they each wrote slogans on each others cars; 'Gay love rules OK', 'Country Western sucks' and 'Hillary for President' were what they came up with. Watch it.

Theres already antoher thread on this mate. But its still great all the same. Stupid yanks.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
"This parrot is deceased!"

"No it's just resting"

*Whacks the parrot on the counter*
*Throws it up in the air and hits the ground with a thud*

"It's dead!!"
"No, it's just resting"

Best show ever
hue
Quote by Demonbreed
Theres already antoher thread on this mate. But its still great all the same. Stupid yanks.

Sorry didn't realise, still as you said, great all the same.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
You have a small penis and will never satisfy a woman.
Boosh of course, greenwing was amazing and will be missed

The office (both the US and UK) and peep show are some of my favorite newer comedies.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
lol, I saw an episode of Keeping up Appearances last night for the first time in a while.

It was quite refreshing.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I'm disappointed at the lack of Coupling in here, does anyone else remember it?
There's is nothing good about The Vicar of Dibley.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by sock_demon
"This parrot is deceased!"

"No it's just resting"

*Whacks the parrot on the counter*
*Throws it up in the air and hits the ground with a thud*

"It's dead!!"
"No, it's just resting"

Best show ever

indeed best show ever
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Page 1 of 2