Ive heard alot about how Thunderbirds in general are very weak at the neck and i recently bought an epi. Its bolt on so i figure if anything ever happens it will be 4 screws away from replacement, but i was wondering who sold replacement necks for epi thunderbirds?
Quote by BobSlay
Thunderbird Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

now continue trying to get that square into the star hole.

regardless, i've never seen replacement T'bird necks. and i haven't heard of this neck weakness either.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Why have i always had the impression that t-birds have set necks?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
probably the Gibson T-Birds, but this is an Epi we're talking about
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by poopsmith666
probably the Gibson T-Birds, but this is an Epi we're talking about

Ahhh right ok sorry my bad
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
pfff...broken necks, thats only because of the overly large headstocks, bad strap positioning and idiots thrashing about on stage.

Basically the guitar neckdives so the headstock points at the ground, which makes breakage very common.

If you look at vintage thunderbirds, a lot of them have had headstock/neck repairs.

I don't think you can get direct replacements, but i'm sure a luthier would be willing to modify a fender style neck to replace it.
The thing you hit the Thunderbird on will break before the bass! It's solid as rock : I know that I have one and everytime I accidentaly hit it the other thing was damaged, but not my T-bird BTW in white it's the best!
lol to the first poster...

but yea ive heard about so many gibsons having problems with headstocks being broken off and id assume its the same thing if not worse in the Epi models...im not a metal player so i dont jump around or beat my gear against anything, but i heard from a sales man that alot of gibsons have the problem that if it is dropped even from a short distance the headstock will come right off. Ive looked on stewmac.com but no luck...anyone know about it?
Quote by thedonutman
I don't think you can get direct replacements, but i'm sure a luthier would be willing to modify a fender style neck to replace it.

Yeah I heard that John Entwistle had p bass necks put onto his later thunderbirds.