Hi, im probably going to be getting either a Highway 1 Jazz bass or a Highway 1 Precision bass but since I have to order them off the internet since no were near me stocks them or any Fender basses for that matter, i'd like a little advice. Whats better for skate style songs? Im guessing jazz but as usual I could be wrong. Thanks.
P.

EDIT: now i've read the whole post, there are a lot of skate type bands who use jazzes, personally i like my p copy. mainly because it has two pickups unlike a normal p bass. theres not a real huge amount of difference

...noone ever takes notice of us anyway...*sigh*
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Last edited by stevo_epi_SG_wo at Feb 13, 2007,
I would personally say the P-Bass because I love them and for skate punk they probably have the advantage because they are slightly more "punchy". However, there are many things you may find more comfortable about the jazz (i.e the thinner neck) so try them both and see which one you prefer.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Id say the P and i completely agree with everything the person above said ^^
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
alright i'll see if i can try them out, problem is the nearest place that stocks any decent basses is a few hours away but i'll probs go for the p bass
For skater music, either would do really, personally I would go for P over Jazz though

MUSE

Enough said...
Get a delux P Bass or a J Bass with a P Bass pickup in the neck position. So you have some tonal variety yet still have that classic punk sound.

how big are your hands? If you have bigger hands then you may like the P Bass neck. If you have smaller hands you may want the J BAss neck.

This isn't always true though. I have huge ands and I love skinny little J Bass necks. Soo sexy!
i have large hands, im about 6 foot tall and im 15 so i have a bit of growing left still. i like small necks since its quicker and easier to move around. im looking at one of these now

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-p-bass/533

my budget is around £500

EDIT: i would prefer a jazz bass body with precision pick ups but the only bass with that i can think of is the mark hoppus sig...
Last edited by Benjirob at Feb 12, 2007,
Mark is reissueing his sig bass sometime this year. If you can wait (i'm going to wait), then you may be happier in the long run.
yeah, arent they reversing the pick ups around so the d and g strings sound thicker and fuller? if i did get it, i'd prefer it in the green colour but i dont know, it has no tone switch, thats the only thing that puts me off of it.
The aerodyne jazz bass has a p and j pickup in a j body style.
Quote by Bumper

Quote by indie-bassist
The aerodyne jazz bass has a p and j pickup in a j body style.

ding ding ding.

The aerodyne p bass would be an excellent choice threadstarter
Also, I played one not long ago and it is a REALLY nice bass.
Quote by Bumper

yeah, i'll see if i can get my dad to give me a lift to sound control, if he cant i might just take a train and drag a friend a long or i might not bother. i'll see if they have the highway 1's, the aerodyne and maybe some sort of delux active jazz or p bass
I tried going to sound control (birmingham) and they have a small area for fender basses, they didn't have the aero one there but they did have the highway p and j basses. What one are you going to? i'd suggest you phone them first because you might be dissapointed.

here is a link to the thread about the Mark Hoppus sig bass

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517204
I would kill for an aerodyne,

I would trade my schecter elite-4 for one anyday!

So, you better get it.