I am 52 years old and got my first electric guitar 5 days ago. I have HUGE blisters on my first three fingers. Of course I want them to turn to calluses as soon as possible. My question is: can I pop these blisters?? If I do pop them, will it slow down the speed they turn into calluses?? Will it have any effect at all in the speed they turn to calluses????

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

peace,
db
I'd burst them, but not peel the skin off. If you take the skin off aswell, your stuffed XD
Quote by Brandon860
what do you call a short criminal?

a leprechaun.
Peeling the skin off wont help in the slightest, so refrain from doing so. You can pop them, but be careful of infection and the like.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Yeah also if you're going to pop them dont do it on the part where you're going to put your fingers on the frets because it will hurt!
don't burst them. leave them to heal, and if you do this a couple of times, they should convert to callouses.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
id take a very small needle to let the water out, (clean it, if you are afraid of infections), and make sure i dont rip the skin
^ that water is to protect the damaged skin underneath...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just leave 'em, I say. I practice everyday until my fingers turn a familar shade of purple.
Quote by Ninja Indie
Just leave 'em, I say.

you can damn well try, but i guarantee NOBODY has the willpower to keep a blister unpopped for more than 2 days
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
Quote by antoniobanderas
you can damn well try, but i guarantee NOBODY has the willpower to keep a blister unpopped for more than 2 days

Lol what are you doing in the newb forum lol?

But yeah, good luck to you if you can. I bit mine off within a day.