Ive been thinking of doing this for awhile. taking a old school guitar http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Decca-Teisco-Kay-1960s-Vintage-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ300078430732QQihZ020QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300078430732 and stickin' in some emgs and an emg afterburner. Also changing the tuners and maybe sticking a gotoh wilikinson trem on on. basically making it for metal. would this be sacriledge or just damn cool? your opinions
Last edited by mrperson at Feb 12, 2007,
it would just be ugly. (in my opinion of course).

Be catious picking emgs, i have got fed up of the lack of flexibility with mine.
I think it would be sacriledge but that is what makes it so cool. Seeing that guitar you would expect a more garage band/White Stripes sound, then you turn it on and you get Metallica. That's awesome
Excuse my ignorance, but the first time i read that auction i thought it read tesco haha, well i like the idea alot , i thought alot about buying a antique/rare guitar and giving it a metal makeover, again if your happy with the emgs then go for it , if your hazy then rethink the pickup config. Great idea, i hope that was you that bought it,

Nice project , dont let it die!

Marv
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
nah i dont have the money at the moment but its something i really want to do. i think it would be cool if i mouted a beer bottle cap on the headstock and then coverd the body with newspaper or something. so it looks really garagey. But then the slayer thing. it would seriously rock.