I have a problem my tone for lead sucks it's ok for Rhythm but lead not great. I would have wrote this in the musician talk section but everyone here is a metalhead so I was hoping had anyone advice on tone for a Metallica/Megadeth type of sound. I own a Jackson King V, Marshall MG100DFX amp, Boss Metal Zone Distortion pedal and a basic Boss distortion pedal if knowing my gear helps.
That amp makes my penis hide....

If you REALLY can't get a new amp, go for TC's settings. Also, depending on volume and if you play with anyone, you might want to make the mids a little higher.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Through my amp I have one pedal, a metalzone, and these are the settings i use:

AMP:

Lead Channel: Gain - 10
Shape (Mids) - 6
Level - 5

Metalzone: Gain - 10
Low - 5
Mids - 6
Highs - 9
Level - 7
Mid Freq - 8
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Peace Sells
I have a problem my tone for lead sucks it's ok for Rhythm but lead not great. I would have wrote this in the musician talk section but everyone here is a metalhead so I was hoping had anyone advice on tone for a Metallica/Megadeth type of sound. I own a Jackson King V, Marshall MG100DFX amp, Boss Metal Zone Distortion pedal and a basic Boss distortion pedal if knowing my gear helps.

Dude, why would you want to sound like a metal band? Metal always sounds like shit.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Dude, why would you want to sound like a metal band? Metal always sounds like shit.

It's metal, n00b! He's obviously kvlt as fuck, and needs an uber-gr1m sound to go with it.
Then just go mids 0, everything else 10!!!!

Then slap on the corpse paint and leather, spikes, and torches and BOOM!!! INSTA KVLT!!!
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!