Page 1 of 4
I've noticed a lot of underground-ish band threads resorting to members uploading entire albums from bands recently (Wormphlegm etc) so I figured it would be nice to have a proper upload thread to keep it all neat, and members can give a bit of info or pictures or whatever to share the wealth.

So yeah I'm talking about stuff like hard to come by demos, EP's and full lengths from uber grim/underground/long since disbanded groups, similar to the one on the metal archive forums. Because of the copyright issues, it'll have to be the underground stuff, no CoB albums/2007 releases or shit like that lol

Anyone like the idea? Or do you all just want the chat thread back so you can write buttsecks over and over? LOL
That is a badass idea, I'm all for it.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
yeah, i hate trying to find sound samples of bands that barely even exist. this is a great idea.
I don't really mind, but surely the admin will have something to say about it. The popularity of a band (or lack of) doesn't affect copyright law.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
I don't really mind, but surely the admin will have something to say about it. The popularity of a band (or lack of) doesn't affect copyright law.

I've asked zappp and wahappen already I'm just waiting for them to get back to me
i'd like this to
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
I was thinking about starting one, but I thought that I'd get slapped with a nice big ban.
"Genital Grinders," the Carcass Fan Club. P.M. Embodiment to join.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
I've asked zappp and wahappen already I'm just waiting for them to get back to me

A little early to start the thread, lol?

This smiley looks very cool. Just noticed it.
Sounds like a great idea! I can't find any of this gr1m bands that Spynal and Mike know, so I'd love it.

and bring back the chat thread... none of us hated it
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I like the idea.

Bring back the chat thread too....
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Hell yes. I'm pretty sure that it would be illegal, though.

Shhh, if we all agree we can just say "LolZ We didn't knowz!!!"

Gotta play along....
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by Instrumetal

and bring back the chat thread... none of us hated it

I got like 4 PM's complaining about that thing, and despite us locking it and re-opening it, and even creating a new one it was still abused!!! It had its chance, it failed (thrice), end of story lol

Quote by garden of grey
A little early to start the thread, lol?

This smiley looks very cool. Just noticed it.

lol I havn't started the thread (hence the lack of uploads)

Its still very much in the "testing the water" phase
5 bucks says greety will close this thread just to spite bo. Haha j/k. It would be cool to have one, but it would probably inspire random noobs to upload metallica/slayer/killswitch and be like "look at teh metals i found on my internets!" As long as it's kept in check, and it's not illegal enough to shut us down, then it's a fine idea in my book.
I cannot find a lot of bands that people talk about on here, so for me at least, it would be very useful.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Why would I close this thread? lol.

omfg non-metal free posts. ban j00 all hax0rz.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
I tried to make an upload thread a couple months ago but it got closed

Yeah I like the idea.
Hello, I'm Deeds, and I heartily endorse this event or product. If you should find that you are not satisfied with my event or product, I will double your money back, guarranteed!
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I guess this thread would be limited to demos, bootlegs, stuff by bands that called it quits?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Sounds good. Go for it.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

I'm all for it.
Quote by madbasslover
you've just received the first official Madbasslover's Seal of Asskickery.

Cas Appreciator #4. PM Skeptopotamus to Appreciate.

Private Donut of the Red VS Blue Club. pm fret13 to join
I'm all for it. Although, it has to be kept very neat. I"d say like keep it all in one page, sort of like the reccomendation thread but just have genre's to put it in, and you can put the link. Maybe a short description, just as long as it's kept neat. I think posts should be limited to bad links or wrong genre's. No, "LolozoRoz tHIs BAnD iS TEh COllIouest!!!11one1" Just my thoughts. Hope this works out.

I miss the buttesecks thread.....BuTTesECks?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Hmm, I belive we're not supposed to post anything yet, being this not the thread to put it in, or if it's allowed yet, Bo is still waiting for Zapp to reply.

EDIT: I think it was only supposed to be underground stuff. Speaking of which my local radio station started playing Kataclyms and Kreator, I was pleasently surpirsed.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

^Yo dude, isn't this all 'illegal' stuff?
^ Thanks a lot.

Also, regarding the chat thread - the problem wasn't solely moronic posts. The problem was also the failure of the mods thought about giving out warnings to retarded posts. If a person gets banned for posting buttsecks, then it'll set an example for any future faggotry in the thread.
I've found Jesus
Fine then, il delete it all links if it bothers....
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
I don't think we need to post free stuff juuust yet

As for the chat, I know I'm sure I caused a lot of it with my stupidness and all...I don't know, it just felt like home kinda. Almost like another group of friends that you KNOW all have at least one thing in common.

Maybe we could start it up and make a temp rule of like only ten posts a day or something of that nature, so that it's not flooded with "NABFKEHBGFUSGUJDHFDJV" and exponentially increasing by the hour.

I think we all really took it for granted. I still think it's a good idea simply so people can get help/ideas for metal related stuff. Get crits on their playing, or thoughts on a song, or gear or whatever.

Yea, I know that there are other threads thrown about that deal somewhat with most of that stuff, but there is always a problem of usually most people just not getting it. It's hard to post gore metal lyrics on the SW forum, or post a video of your latest BM concert. People just don't get it.

I completely see where you're coming from, and again we DID abuse it. I still think it just might deserve one last chance...
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by CodySG
I don't think we need to post free stuff juuust yet

As for the chat, I know I'm sure I caused a lot of it with my stupidness and all...I don't know, it just felt like home kinda. Almost like another group of friends that you KNOW all have at least one thing in common.

Maybe we could start it up and make a temp rule of like only ten posts a day or something of that nature, so that it's not flooded with "NABFKEHBGFUSGUJDHFDJV" and exponentially increasing by the hour.

I think we all really took it for granted. I still think it's a good idea simply so people can get help/ideas for metal related stuff. Get crits on their playing, or thoughts on a song, or gear or whatever.

Yea, I know that there are other threads thrown about that deal somewhat with most of that stuff, but there is always a problem of usually most people just not getting it. It's hard to post gore metal lyrics on the SW forum, or post a video of your latest BM concert. People just don't get it.

I completely see where you're coming from, and again we DID abuse it. I still think it just might deserve one last chance...

Totally agree with you, it was good because I could just talk about metal/wandered off topic alot, but was kind of a pit where I wouldn't get banned for arguing with some moron, oh well.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Can we start it yet? I need that Wormphlegm! I've heard good things about 'em.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I doubt this will fly, period.

Simply, because of the amount of people that visit this site and we would be opening UG up to even more copyright infringement (what with all "tabs" being illegal and such, thank god for Russia.)

Heck even making a thread for soulseek users just to know names of people or simply starting a chat within that is enough to lock and delete the thread.

The only feasible way to do this would be a blog, on another site, with in a lock thread who's thread title does not reflect said thread
Page 1 of 4