I've had my current amp for about a few years now. It was a piece of crap when i got it and it still is. I recently had a breakthrough in my playing and have decided to treat myself to a decent amp. I own an Epiphone G-400 and I play classic rock, metal, blues. The amp absolutley has to have a headphone jack because i mostly practice at night. I'd love to have a Mesa Boogie Lonestar but i don't really have $1500. I'm looking in the 300-400 dollar range. Here's some options i'm considering

Epiphone Triggerman 60DSP
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_epiphone_triggerman_60dsp_60w_solid_state_combo_with_12_speaker?full_sku=482068

Line 6 spider 111
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Line-6-Spider-III-75-Modeling-Combo-Amplifier?full_sku=103944773

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_vox_valvetronix_ad30vt_30w_guitar_combo?full_sku=102640802
Mypersonal preference would be the voz... but ive never heard the epiphone. But please dont get the spider unless its 100% home practice as outside your room its gunna sound crap... trust me
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
if you don't plan on playing for anyone/just using for practice, what about a POD? I own a AD30VT and don't like it very much.
Hi, I'm Peter
I'm kind of leaning towards the epiphone but i don't think the guitar center near me carries them so i don't think i'd be able to try one out
I have a behringer V-amp 2 which is a crappier version of the POD and i hate it. There's maybe 3 amp models i use and one or two effects. If fact that was my solution to not going out a spending a few hundred on a amp. Anyways it's getting sold on ebay to give me money for a good amp.
lets put it this way, there is no amp worth getting under 350 that should be used for practicing at home. Is that what you are looking for?
I'm hungry.
Go for the Vox. I have an AD50VT and I absolutely love it. It has a lot of awsome effects but is pretty easy to use. And it has a headphone jack.
My Gear:
Ibanez SA36FM
Peavy Predator

Vox Ad50VT

Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by wretched_hunger
I have a behringer V-amp 2 which is a crappier version of the POD and i hate it. There's maybe 3 amp models i use and one or two effects. If fact that was my solution to not going out a spending a few hundred on a amp. Anyways it's getting sold on ebay to give me money for a good amp.

Fair enough. I've never owned a POD, but I just figured that the amps in that price range aren't going to be very good, especially one with a headphone jack.
Hi, I'm Peter
I keep meaning to play the epiphone at guitar center (they do have them btw). You should play it and see if the clean is any good. If it is, buy a sweet distortion pedal. 60 ss is good enough for band practice.

Also, ss is much lighter and easy to carry.
I'm hungry.
Quote by ConfusedBirdman
Also, ss is much lighter and easy to carry.

Only if it doesn't have a bunch of onboard effects. My Crate as an onboard effects unit that adds a ton of weight.

Never tried the Epi amp, but I HAVE tried the Spider and the Vox. The Spider was terrible and the Vox was decent.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83