I was just wondering about which pickup I should buy for good cleans, hard and crisp leads and a good led zeppelin kind of sound. I'm only thinking about putting in a new pickup in the bridge section: humbucker. A lot of people have been saying that the Seymour duncans SH-6's are nice, but I was also in to the cool EMG's (the kind that zakk wylde uses)

The guitar is a DEAN VX and I didn't care much for the sound on the bridge, "zebrapickup".

Feel free to give other suggestions aswell (it's not all about seymours and emg's).

Thanks in advance!
Duncan Custom 5 or a Pearly Gates - depends on how hot you want the pickup.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the hotness of a pickup is how easily it distorts
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie mark III simul head (purple stripe)
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
all tube peavey bravo 112
Oh ok, so if I would like to pinch of harmonics as easy as possible - would I want a really hot pickup?

And how does the clean sound on hot pickups?
Not really - a hotter pickup will cause an amp to distort earlier, but it's less of a concern with higher gain amps. This means that the hotter the pickup, the worse the cleans. The important thing with harmonics is the responsiveness and tone curve of the pickup, not the putput. Both the custom 5 and Pearly gates deliver harmonics fine.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Check out the SH-4 JB also. Really nice cleans with volume rolled back a little. Retains a lot of clarity with high gain also. Sweet pickup.