Hey guys, The question i had was this. In the ride the lightning solo their is a part that goes:

E-----------------17p14-----------------------------------------------------------------------
B-----14-17p14-------17-14-----14-17p14----------------------------------------------------
G-16----------------------------16^-----------------16-14----------14-16p14-----------------------------------
D--------------------------------------------------16----------16-14------------------14-16p14-----------------

My question is, on the guitar pro version which is almost 100% correct it doesnt show the pull offs it just has them playing 17 and 14. But on many of the tabs it shows 17 pull off to 14. Do you pull off for these parts? or just play the notes individually?

I hope my question is understandable!!
to play the solo right, you must break in to kirk hammets apartment, steal his fingers, and sow them onto your own hands
^trying to get sig-ed much?

umm i dunno, whichever you find easiest as long as it sound similar.
Work on both methods i reckon?
You don't have to play it exacly like Hammett, like stated above, use both technique to see which is easier or fit better for YOU. If is sound good to you, then that's the way you have to play it.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Well first of all, you cant always rely on the tabbers. Many of them, like me, will most likely not add hammer ons and pull offs to every single note that needs them. Play it in your own way, which ever is most comfortable to you.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

I play it using strict alternate picking.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.