I am not the most knowledgable about this stuff in general... but anyway my pedals eat batteries for breakfast... Batteries are kind of expensive.... I know u can buy adapters to plug in for each pedal and do it that way to save on batteries. But my question is , Is there some kind of a pedal board or something that has a single transformer u can plug in and string several pedals together rather than having 5 or six adapters all going to a power strip...
yes, and you can also get a string of adapters that power all your petals with only one plug in.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Just run a power strip with adapters
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
My SKB pedalboard powers up to 6 pedals regardless of their voltages and whatnot. Its very clean and quiet. Its runs about $125 now I think...
Obviously from the replies there are things you can buy, but you might be able to save batteries other ways. When you're not playing, if you unplug the cord on the input (usually the one on the right) the batteries last a lot longer
It's called daisy chaining.
Read up on mA ratings first though. Or you could fry your pedals/adaptor.
It's a pretty simple concept thought: Total mA of pedals must be less than or equivilant too the max mA rating of your adaptor. I reccomend one spot.
If you have Boss pedals, the BCB-60 is awesome.
Deffinately reccomneded.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by beckyjc
It's called daisy chaining.
Read up on mA ratings first though. Or you could fry your pedals/adaptor.
It's a pretty simple concept thought: Total mA of pedals must be less than or equivilant too the max mA rating of your adaptor. I reccomend one spot.

Don't mean to hijack this or anything, but my power supply says it has a DC total of 450mA, yet I have four pedals linked up and plugged in. I only power one at a time, but is this bad? Or does it only apply to having the pedals on?
Some pedals also draw a little current when switched off, but that's minimal.

450mA should be enough for four pedals, unless you have really power hungry stuff like the Line6 modellers, but I think those run on AC anyway. If you want to be safe, add up the current draw of all your pedals and see if it exceeds 450mA or not.

By the way, to be safe you'll want your adapter to have some headroom. There's no sense in pushing it to the limit by drawing every milliamp it can offer. So if your pedals draw a total of, say, 500mA, you'd want your adapter to provide around 800 or so.

To the threadstarter, daisy chains = noise. Especially when used with cheap wall warts (and yes, the 1spot is a cheap wall wart). The amount of noise varies from setup to setup, of course, but it's there. I personally swear by dedicated power supplies, and would definately recommend looking at the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power II for instance.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
unplug the inputs on all the pedals when your done playing
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Both Voodoo Labs and Godlyke make daisy chains as well.

You could also go with rechargeable batteries.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Yep go for a One Spot (nowhere near a cheap wall wart, in fact) and their 5 pedal daisy chain. You can plug in another daisy chain too for 10 pedals. Huge current rating on that thing, 1700mA, when something like a Boss DS-1 uses only 4. In theory you could run 425 DS-1s off one One Spot (don't actually do this though, as the pedals won't always draw the same amount. You could run a crapload though, I'd say 375 would be safe.)
And using a daisy chain won't give you noise unless you have some pedals that draw power in a really abrupt and bizarre pattern (basically none). Don't worry about that.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^^ Loop from one pedal to the next instead of having a dedicated line to each one.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.