http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewFFSearch-Start;pgid=TOZgS8fSZObR0000000000000000Cfaw5DLd?Sprache=en_EN&Land=IE

that just shows the Martin 00-15 and the 000-15.

whats the difference between the two body sizes/shapes?
what influence does this have on the sound?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

this coming from a post i had about finding a $1500 guitar at goodwill for $35. the guy who posted said he had a fg-150 and i found a 140. he said mine was a 000 which was a full size and I guess his was a 00 which is smaller than full size. i have no idea how it affects he sound (maybe not as loud).
The OO has a smaller body than the OOO. The smaller body means less bass and less volume but more cut, and more trebble.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by metalzeppelin
this coming from a post i had about finding a $1500 guitar at goodwill for $35. the guy who posted said he had a fg-150 and i found a 140. he said mine was a 000 which was a full size and I guess his was a 00 which is smaller than full size. i have no idea how it affects he sound (maybe not as loud).

No, yours (the 140) is pretty much a dreadnought shape, but in the usual Yamaha style. Mine (the 150) is similar to a OOO, but it is not the same (the lower bout on mine is more rounded than that). Sorry for the confusion.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
lovely jubly
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by CorduroyEW
The OO has a smaller body than the OOO. The smaller body means less bass and less volume but more cut, and more trebble.

What about the O-shape?
^ Weren't they Parlours?

EDIT: No they weren't, but they were a similar size and had 12 fret neck joins I think.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
I thought it had to do with scale length? Not necessarily the size of the guitar body itself? Or maybe I'm thinking the difference between OM and OOO

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
From the horses mouth...

Guitar Body Sizes (CF Martin)

Cheers!

Edit… sorry, the original question was about sound. Well, I auditioned an OO-18V against an OM-18V (same size as OOO) a couple of years ago and the difference in loudness was small but noticible. But the OO was also shorter scale, so that will have also contributed. I bought the OM.
Last edited by Dave Keir at Feb 14, 2007,
Quote by roamingbard13
I thought it had to do with scale length? Not necessarily the size of the guitar body itself? Or maybe I'm thinking the difference between OM and OOO

Yeah, that was OOO and OM. The OOO used to have a short scale, but now Martin is putting the OOO lable on guitars with a 25.4 scale which makes them exactly the same as an OM.
Not taking any online orders.