ok, i've posted a question about pickups before, and got no help at all. so i'll try again.
first, I have an epihone Sg that I want a new bridge pickup for. A powerful one, for playing hard rock/blues.
second. I got a washburn Wg-580 (very similar to a ibanez RG370DX) that I'm planning on scraping and rebuilding, as sort of a project guitar to **** with.(which i'll be posting pics of it's progress). I want a bridge pickup suitable for metal playing. Dimebucker maybe?

I need pickup suggestions for both guitars. any help is greatly appreciated.
for the metal pickup look into a bareknuckle warpig.

as for the other one, i'm not sure about that... but if you phone up bareknuckle they will help you decide which one of theirs to go for if you like them. they're based in the UK btw.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

bareknuckle are good, but if your not strapped for cash, i'd dive straight into the deep end and go for either dimarzio (found on most ibanez prestige models) or EMG actives.
Not the Dimebucker.
You're honestly thinking of the pickup to do A LOT for your tone...when in fact..
It's mostly your amp. I could plug a Telecaster into a Dual Recto, and it'd still sound metal.

In any case, if you're ABSOLUTELY set on changing pickups, maybe the Seymour Duncan SH-6 Duncan Distortion for the metal guitar.

And maybe a an SH-11 Custom Custom for the SG. Aggressive PAF pickup good for hard rock.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Not the Dimebucker.
You're honestly thinking of the pickup to do A LOT for your tone...when in fact..
It's mostly your amp. I could plug a Telecaster into a Dual Recto, and it'd still sound metal.

In any case, if you're ABSOLUTELY set on changing pickups, maybe the Seymour Duncan SH-6 Duncan Distortion for the metal guitar.

And maybe a an SH-11 Custom Custom for the SG. Aggressive PAF pickup good for hard rock.

I know most of the tone is the amp...I'm happy with my amp. I just want higher output pickups. I was actually thinking of the SH-6 for the washburn, great choice. I'm pretty much set on that. And I haven't heard the SH-11 yet, but i'll deffinitly check it out. I'm deffinitly a fan of duncans.
also, (forgive me if this sounds stupid) but i've heard of taking the "cover" off the pickups. ex) some of slash's les pauls have the covers on, and some you can see the bare pickup. If people actually do this, what are the pros/cons?
Get a bill lourance X500XL its sooo much beter than the seymore duncun knock off dimbucker!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Quote by appetite4gnr
also, (forgive me if this sounds stupid) but i've heard of taking the "cover" off the pickups. ex) some of slash's les pauls have the covers on, and some you can see the bare pickup. If people actually do this, what are the pros/cons?

A cover provides some shielding for the pickup (meaning, it helps to reduce hum) and removing a cover would brighten the tone a little bit.