2006 Taylor 814CE- Fall Limited Edition
Paid: $4000 Canadian

The Story
So maybe some of you know that I'm a chick, but not many of you know that I'm only 17 (18 on the 13th this month), and probably the only 18 year old chick that owns such a nice limited edition guitar. I have an old Aria that I know nothing about and I decided that I really wanted a nice electric-acoustic. So I headed over to my local Long and McQuade and asked about the 714 originally, then i decided that i really liked the look of the 914. while we were looking at the stock of guitars Long and Mcquade had throughout the country, the guy who was helping me out noticed that Toronto had a 814 limited edition in stock, and when i saw it on the internet site i ordered it immediately. The day i got the phonecall saying that it was here i went to the store and played it for a good hour at least. I didn't buy it that day because my mom wasn't there but now i have it, and my goodness it still smells like the factory.

Why I love it
Endless reasons. Maple trim, Satin finish neck, the cut away, and not only the look of the guitar, but the sound. it sounds so amazing, with a bright warm tone and a nice ring. I love it even more because it sounds just as amazing on an amp. The Taylor Expression System is a simple 3 knobs, nothing complicated and no big holes cut into the guitar. I have nothing to complain about with this guitar, its gorgeous, sounds great, and plays like a dream.

Looks and Features
Solid Madagascar Rosewood back and sides, Solid sitka spruce top, maple trim all around, Ebony fingerboard and bridge, the 800 series inlays, abalone rosette, Tropical American Mahogany neck, Taylor Expression system, Venetian Cutaway, and its limited editon. only 3 of these were sent to the Long & Mcquade chain in Canada, and they hadn't been bought yet when I bought mine. It makes me feel all special lol.

In Conclusion
I don't even think this thread needs a conclusion, but i think you guys need some eye candy (pictures) so you can see yourself. If you could hear this guitar you'd think it's just as amazing as i think it is and it was definately worth the $4000. Can't wait to get an amp and take it to a public place to let them find out too.
Attachments:
ae00-3212_1_.JPG
ae00-3212_2_.JPG
ae00-3212_3_.JPG
ae00-3212_4_.JPG
ae00-3212_5_.JPG
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
VERY NICE!

Welcome to the taylor family!

I have 2 and wouldnt have done it any other way
"TONE ADDICT"
Hehe, one of the reasons why I wish I was rich

Congrats, dude.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
nope. wish i was though!

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
wow, that is one beautiful guitar. I've had my taylor a couple years now (110 dreadnaught) such a great guitar. I can't imagine how amazing yours must be!
I just wanna' go home.
May I drool over your guitar?
Amazing, I want to get a 314-ce someday when I can afford it.

And happy birthday!
beauty!

(4000! )
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
having troubles plugging it into PA systems though... i still have to figure all that out so i haven't played it plugged in yet

Quote by MiasmA

CASE CLOSED..
I run my 614 with ES straight into the snake that goes to the board using the TRS-XLR cord that came with it and set the EQ on the board to flat, unless I'm changing tunings alot; then I use a direct box and run 1/4" para out to my tuner.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
i'm not too technical like that, so heres what i know... at first the guy that was working the EQ plugged the XLR cord into the mic box... and there was hardly a signal or there was a static sound. then when we pluged it into a DI box with the standard quarter inch he got a little bit of signal on and off but it still didn't work.

Quote by MiasmA

CASE CLOSED..
Have you tried fresh batteries? Mine did that after I'd been running it plugged about 4 hours a week for 4 or 5 months. If it got tried out through an amp alot at the shop before you got it, they might be dead. Unless the sound tech is a incompetent moron and didn't check the trim before he decided it didn't work, if the trim was set too high the signal would seem weak/not there.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

yeah we tried fresh batts... like the signal kept cutting in and out after we plugged it into a DI box. when it was on the signal was really good but then it cut out and there was nothing, then it cut back in and etc.

Quote by MiasmA

CASE CLOSED..
Well, it's not an '07, so it doesn't have the new options to use the neck pickup only, so that couldn't be causing it. Can you plug into a tuner and get a decent enough signal to tune?

This makes me think it might be the system. When I play plugged in, I usually play at my church, and the sound system is slowly dying there, so I know what it's like to fight with the sound system. Alternatively, you could just mic it, but you can't move much, so you lose some of the physical performance aspect. Plus, if you pay that much for a guitar, it should have those features and they should work right.

Try it through the clean channel of an electric amp, or through an acoustic or keyboard amp. If that doesn't work, I'd find an authorized service center and take it in. It might just be that it got messed with somehow in the shop in Toronto before they shipped it (I'm assuming Long & McQuade is the Canadian equivalent of Guitar Center). But, I don't know how much you rely on the performance features of your guitar, I use mine all the time, thats why I got the 614CE, and not a Gibson or Martin. I like the maple because the tone and looks are killer, plus it doesn't feed back as much as another guitar with different sides/back would. Dang, now you got me all excited about doing mine for AOTM and I have to wait till May! Oh well, theres a really good story behind the guitar, so it's worth waiting.

I could help you with this on MSN if you have it, just PM me your address.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Congrats. Beautiful guitar!
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
sorry but i gotta unsticky this now. maybe make a new thread to address your problem if it still isn't solved.