Page 1 of 2
Publicity stunt and idiot musicians taking their music too seriously.

This is just like in the 90's when this kind of garbage was happening. It's so ridiculous. The black metal scene is almost as laughable as the rap scene.
Lame.

There's nothing controversial in music these days.

Even if "The Shining" (worst name ever) were to have sex with each other on stage, no-one would give a flying fuck.

Edit: Oh, and, the singer said it was normal behaviour for one of their gigs? Yes, so the bassist quitting immediately after was entirely unprovoked

Again, just a shit attempt at getting a reaction from people. Why not, y'know, just play music that people enjoy listening to?
Black metalheads are ****ing stupid. I don't mean African American metalheads, they rock. I mean the morons that obsess over black metal.
wtf??? i always though that people in black metal were retarded but jesus.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Guitarist132
Pathetic, as expected from the genre

Phail.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Guitarist132

Sorry, but that's some grade A opinionated bullshit right there. Metal kicks ass and you just can't handle it. Although I do admit that show went a little overboard.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
that is apparently the most brutal shit they could think to do on stage

covered with blood and corpse paint, with a swastike carved on your forhead i guess

the crowd must have been insane tho
Quote by armon77
im american but i think canada would win. they would probably lay low until everyone took each other out and then finish the last one standing off in one fell swoop. sneaky bastards.
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
and you just can't handle it

No, you cant handle it!
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I really think carving a swastica into your forehead is just going too far by any standard. If I found myself behaving like that I'd sit down and rethink my life.
But I can't complain — I loved every second of it.

lol.

IMO its all done to provoke the very reation its getting from most of the posts here.
Swastika on his forehead and razorblades? I like some black metal, but that is just ****ing stupid.
NOPE.
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Sorry, but that's some grade A opinionated bullshit right there. Metal kicks ass and you just can't handle it. Although I do admit that show went a little overboard.

Oh please, metal is fine, that shit is fucking ridiculous and pathetic.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Geeze, some Black Metal bands can get pretty ridiculous.

Quote by Guitarist132

...lolololol.
pathetic Black Metal posing, its nothing new. I love how kvlt people call other music poser music, but Black Metal is more poseurish (is that a word?) then hair metal.

Im sure someone will come on and tell me that I just don't understand because Im a hot topic mallrat (what Is Hot Topic anyway, we don't have it in the U.K.?), but they are just buying into this pathetic "Im so evil and kvlt, nobody can ever understand me" attitude (an Attitude that sounds very EMO too me, apart from the kvlt, evil part).

**** Black Metal Posers, Music before Image.

(I would like to Note that while I do dislike most Black Metal, more melody orientated Bands such as Borknagar are very good)
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Shock Rock imitations.

I never understood the people who try these publicity stunts.

Just put on a good show.

I'm sorry, but I see no reason to do things that are.... how to put this... bad for your health?
Just to get reactions from people.

I'm sure other people have done these same things.

and come on...swastikas?
a little cliche I think.

My god, bring up nazi's and all hell breaks loose.

Quote by Mechanixx

Im sure someone will come on and tell me that I just don't understand because Im a hot topic mallrat (what Is Hot Topic anyway, we don't have it in the U.K.?)

It's a store that sells "PUNK" "GOTH" and "EMO" clothes.

so basically its where you go if you want to buy pre ripped hats
band t-shirts everyone else owns.
bondage pants (well...very baggy pants with neon color straps, basically)

www.hottopic.com
take a look at the site and see how stupid it is for yourself.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Last edited by NaivexLi at Feb 12, 2007,
Quote by Mechanixx

**** Black Metal Posers, Music before Image.

Bullshit. You honestly think that bands like Darkthrone and Emperor put their image before their music? Feel free to stimulate your anus with a razor blade.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by x_themetalfan_x

Just cause people don't like metal doesn't mean they can't handle it. I don't like it particularly, I'm more of an Indie/Alternative guy. But when I want some heavy stuff, I listen to Converge or The Number 12, not this black/death stuff. Most metal bands take themselves too seriously. The white and black facepaint seems to say, "Respect me as an artist, I am a true poet." right? **** no.

As for the article, it's pretty disgusting. It's pointless to do something like that.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
I will not be suprised until some black metal band grabs a virgin out of the crowd and ACTUALLY performs a pagan blood sacrafice onstage as part of the show.

Until then, i will not be suprised.

What do you expect, Black Metal is the Goddless, degenerate and inhuman behavior of angry scandanavians.
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
I will not be suprised until some black metal band grabs a virgin out of the crowd and ACTUALLY performs a pagan blood sacrafice onstage as part of the show.

Dude, that is brilliant.

mind if I sig that? haha
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Sounds like a toned down version of GG Allen.

In other words, almost as lame as GG Allen, which is pretty ****ing lame.
no go ahead.

Or better yet, hold an underground concert at midnight in a cathedral, sacrafice the virgin, then burn down the church afterwards.
Last edited by DaveGilmour1189 at Feb 12, 2007,
Quote by DaveGilmour1189

Until then, i will not be suprised.

What do you expect, Black Metal is the Goddless, degenerate and inhuman behavior of angry scandanavians.

rofl

You've been so blinded by Christian smear propaganda of Paganism, it's amazing...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

rofl

You've been so blinded by Christian smear propaganda of Paganism, it's amazing...

lol. You've been so blinded by your own stupidity that you can't recognize the blatent tounge-in-cheek nature of that post.
Quote by sargasm
lol. You've been so blinded by your own stupidity that you can't recognize the blatent tongue-in-cheek nature of that post.

The comment was still pretty stupid. And even then, I doubt that it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by STRAT811
Just cause people don't like metal doesn't mean they can't handle it. I don't like it particularly, I'm more of an Indie/Alternative guy. But when I want some heavy stuff, I listen to Converge or The Number 12, not this black/death stuff. Most metal bands take themselves too seriously. The white and black facepaint seems to say, "Respect me as an artist, I am a true poet." right? **** no.

As for the article, it's pretty disgusting. It's pointless to do something like that.

I don't think, their going for the "true poet" image. How can you call black metal poseurish? The guitarist in Mayhem took the pieces of their singer's skull after he killed himself with a shotgun, and mailed them to people he deemed worthy. Its not poserish if you ACTUALLY believe in everthing your doing.
Sounds like GG Allin who would play naked with his half inch dick and shit on stage, roll himself in it, eat it and throw some in the crowd. He would also hit crowd members, each show would end up having the cops coming in and arrest him and he started a riot. His big plan was to do a stage and suicide on stage to have the most famous death, but he just died like most and had an overdose. For his birthday he even got some chick to piss in his mouth and take a crap on him. I bet there's like 1000 people who pissed on his grave.
That's stuipid.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Haha... G.G. Allin was a fool. If he really meant anything serious, he would have killed himself like he said he would.

And his music was complete shit.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Page 1 of 2