The Framus is a darker sounding amp, with amazing cleans, a really great crunch channel, and one of the best metal drive channels I've come across (think Killswitch's last two albums). Also you should really consider the Dragon as well, it still has more than enough gain, and imo the other channels are slightly more versatile.

The Engl is a great amp as well, but much brighter sounding. Check out the clips on the website Sora_01 posted, they'll give you a better idea of the sounds.
^ dude, how do you find the Kinman pickups on your strat? As good as vintage single coils?
Ibanez RG1570
Fender Mexican Fat Strat

Engl Thunder 50 Reverb combo
Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor
Quote by Kris_man
^ dude, how do you find the Kinman pickups on your strat? As good as vintage single coils?

I would absolutely recommend them. I tried loads and they were easily the best imo.
both amps are amazing. engl is brighter than framus both have amazing sound for almost any type of music, specially heavier stuff cant go wrong with either one
I've played the Framus Cobra through a Peavey XXX cab i believe....and let me tell you....it's like a 6505+ on steroids and then some.
God, I want to buy a Framus... I might in a couple of months if I get a job... Does anyone know the differences between the Dragon and Cobra? Other than cosmetics, and the Cobra having bright and notch switches?