0 0%
Ibanez IJX40 Electric Guitar Jumpstart Package
5 7%
ESP LTD M50 and Roland Cube 15X
37 51%
Other
25 35%
Voters: 72.
So I am a nubcake, and I need a guitar for cheap. If other please post. Comments are good.
noob...i suck and am just starting

Edit: I have decided buying a guitar sucks teh balls. I thought the M50 would be the under dog here. Most of what people on this forum say is that most ESP's under 400 series is crap. If you could say why yo are voting for the set and if you have had any first hand expierence with the guitars it would be asome.
Last edited by Epedemic at Feb 12, 2007,
I know i voted for that set because the cube is an awsome amp, i haven't even seen the guitar.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
I was kinda worrying people were doing that. Pleas post if you voted on somthing with no experiece with guitar.
Most people on this forum call everything crap (if it's under $800).

The cheaper Ibanez' aren't bad but I think the best choice out of that list is the LTD, and on account that the Cube is better than anything else. The 15 isn't as good as the 20x though. The Marshall MG series is shit though, avoid it at all costs.

Remember that an amp > guitar when it comes to tone, so just pick something you feel comfortable with and can stand looking at. From what I've seen, the LTD's have nice craftsmanship and are pretty brick shithouse solid.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Get an Ibanez RG321MH and a Roland Cube.

+1.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Get an Ibanez RG321MH and a Roland Cube.

I would love that but it is bursting my budget a lot. I am trying to stay under 300.
Personally, go with an ESP without a Floyd Rose since the cheaper ones are kinda crappy and won't be that good.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
I was just about to ask how do I know if the M50 has a floyd rose or not. I think they use to have them but now have a standard tremelo.
Then probably a Dean vendetta 1 with a Roland Cube.
Trust me, mahogany neck through body > agathis body, bolt on neck
-Jimi Hendrix
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Well, still the trem will suck balls.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by mw7
Then probably a Dean vendetta 1 with a Roland Cube.
Trust me, mahogany neck through body > agathis body, bolt on neck

Again that would burst my budget especially with all the othe little things I need to get.
Cheap trems such. Avoid them at all costs.

You can probably do as good as any of those packages if you just shop around on a big site like Humbucker Music or Musicians Friend though...
Last edited by RadioMuse at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by Epedemic
Again that would burst my budget especially with all the othe little things I need to get.

Save up man!!! You won't regret it.
-Jimi Hendrix
I have been sitting here for the last couple houres playin the gutar and thinking how sick the guitar is, and how I should just spend the money if this is going to be something I get into. Plus it's not really that much more. So now I am thinking of the Dean with that roland amp. Would this be good?
do it for the amp...i dunno about that guitar tho never played it
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by FacingUsAll
For a starter electric guitar, I think the very best is a Behringer iAXE393 for the following reasons:

1) It's cheap. Only $99.

2) The 3 Single coils will help you develop your ear because of the different tones you can get from 5-way switching.

3) It's got a trem that you can learn goofy trem-crap on .

4) It plugs into your computer and runs off of amp modeling software so you don't have to waste money on a crappy amp that you'll want to get rid of later on.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
cubes are better than mg10watts and also the amps ya get in those ibanez starter packs. the guitar is ok, could proberlys get better one but the amp is best there
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
starter packs are good but ur paying for a really cheap guitar. save up for a decent ibanez and a 10w practice amp. also look into some used gear. ull save money and get a better guitar.
Out of your options I would go for the ESP LTD M50 and Roland Cube 15X, if not try get a 20X and a similar guitar from ibanez or something. Most of there cheaper guitars are half decent unlike some other makes.
Soory bout the double post. There is a Dean Vendetta 3.0 on ebay right now. But the action is ending soon. The price is really low. Should I do it? I would get the roland with it.
Quote by Epedemic
Soory bout the double post. There is a Dean Vendetta 3.0 on ebay right now. But the action is ending soon. The price is really low. Should I do it? I would get the roland with it.

Dude get it totally. the vendetta owns the esp.
-Jimi Hendrix
The guitar sold for really cheap on ebay last night, but I couldn't get an account set up in time. It didn't meet its reserve though so mabye it will be relisted. But still the ESP M-50 over the Vendetta 1.0, both with cube?
If you are going the cube route, make sure you get the 15X, not the 15. The regular Roland Cube 15 is horrible.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Epedemic
The guitar sold for really cheap on ebay last night, but I couldn't get an account set up in time. It didn't meet its reserve though so mabye it will be relisted. But still the ESP M-50 over the Vendetta 1.0, both with cube?

Vendetta! no M-50!
-Jimi Hendrix