Hello,

I made a thread about 2 days ago looking for some amp direction. I did get some good advice. Now i would just like some pedal direction.

Ok so one of the amps i was advised was the orange rocker 30 combo. This only has a volume knob for the clean channel. Now im ok with this. But i was wondering whether you could get some slightly diffrent sounds by doign things liek cranking it and messing with volume knobs on my guitar. If i do get this amp and perhaps oneday i wanted some more clean options ive been told i can get an EQ pedal. So i was wondering what soem good EQ pedals are. (BTW i did try search EG pedal and EQ but it said that there were no matches or that there were to many)

I was also thinking about oneday getting a wahwah pedal. I liked the look of the Vox wahwah's but would like it to do a little bit of metal and have been told the vox's cant do metal very well. I would like a few to go try out.

Ok also if some thing is 'true bypass' does that mean it doeant suck any tone? Like if you have a tube amp and then you buy the vox v848 (which says its true bypass) does that mean it wont suck any of the tube Qualities from the amp.

Thanks
I like boss pedals the best for most things I have a Boss EQ I don't use if you ever want to buy it.
Quote by The Postman
Ok also if some thing is 'true bypass' does that mean it doeant suck any tone? Like if you have a tube amp and then you buy the vox v848 (which says its true bypass) does that mean it wont suck any of the tube Qualities from the amp.

Not necessarily. Having a lot of true bypass pedals in a row (and switched off) is essentially the same as having a really long cable - bad for tone. With one or two pedals, though, I wouldn't worry if they were tr00 bypass or not.

Also, tone suck means the loss of high (and progressively lower) frequencies from your guitar's tone. It won't directly suck any valve goodness from your amp, it just means that the tone that arrives at the amp will be less lively and more muddy.

^do clothes work well with people?

I know a couple of nudists
Boss isn't the be-all-end-all of effect pedals. They're simply the most numerous and well-known, but people would do well to look beyond Boss as well.
The Orange Rocker's a great amp, and you can tweak the clean channel by using volume and tone knobs if you wish.

And Vox's will do metal fine, I played my Clyde McCoy with an Orange with the gain quite high and it sounded AMAZING.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30