hi guys,
in the stairway to heaven solo, there is a section where there is a position shift from 5 to 12( part just before the bend and release section) , but it happens so freaking fast, is that even possible, or is the tab just wrong?
It's pretty easy, you just slide yourself up to the 12th.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you slide from 6 / 8 / 12 on the A string, i think thats the part your on about.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
ya but its like instantaneous in the solo, do u slide and hit the 12th with ur 3rd finger? or is it with the first? and bodom, the tab i have(which is the guitar pro tab) doesn't have any slides. it just goes straight from 5 to 12
are you on about the part where youve just done the last ascending minor pentatonic?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

yea you definatly slide 6 / 8 / 12 on the A, my guitar teacher has the songbook.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

well atleast thats what i do an it sounds right
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

You hit the E on the 7th fret of the A string, then quickly slide up to the 12th with the same (3rd)finger. You don't need to let that first E ring long at all, just stay there for a fraction of a beat or so, then start the slide. You don't actually need to slide particularly quickly, just time it so you hit the 12th fret at the right time.

Effectively your at the 10th fret for a few notes, that means you can hit the 10th fret with your index, 12th with the 3rd but when you need to go to the 14th on the D string slide your 3rd from the 12th to it, that then shifts you to the 12th fret position which is where you need to be for the next bit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 12, 2007,