I've been looking for amps lately and I found these monsters. They are both 600w of power for only $400! Surly there is something wrong with them.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-Groove-115C-Combo?sku=480759

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-Groove-210C-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=480764

Wow, these look really good but which would be better? Are either very good at all. They seem to be very powerful for the size and the head they have seems very good. Would you recommend me buying one of these?

Also, I don't know if this helps but I play a lot of metal, rock, alternative, and punk music.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Last edited by SOCOOLITHURTS at Feb 13, 2007,
i know someone who recently bought the second, he said it was good but he got it for over $1000. i bet he'd be so mad if he saw that price tag now
I actually use a Kustom Groove 1200 full stack. It's a great amp, for a great price. If I were you, I'd buy it. I've never had any problems out of mine, and I am currently deeply regretting my recent decision to sell it, because it was just that wonderful.
You probably need an extension cabinet to actually use the 600w of power.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Bumper
^No, you don't.
And that is why I would avoid this combo, as far as I can see there are no facilities for an extension speaker which in my opinion is a must on any decent combo, regardless of how many watts it claims to put out one 15" can only move so much air.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
id rather have butsecks
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Last edited by christianbassis at Feb 12, 2007,
^ No it isn't, that's the model name, read the whole thing about it and it says 600 watts
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
^John just made a point about how there is no way to connect a larger speaker, or to piggyback it onto another cabinet. Did you not read what he said at all?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I'm no imperialist but does ' not mean FEET? Was I the only one to notice that.

i was thinking that too
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by christianbassis
id rather have butsecks

warned for spam.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
You could quite easily mount a jack for an extension speaker though. In fact you could put one in for series and one for parallel giving you the option of several different impedances. However, I wouldn't get that amp because it's more than 100 lb.
Yeah, i'm with smb. I'd just go with a light stack, might as well. Lots more versatility for the same weight.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by smb
You could quite easily mount a jack for an extension speaker though. In fact you could put one in for series and one for parallel giving you the option of several different impedances. However, I wouldn't get that amp because it's more than 100 lb.
I cannot see any reason for a series connection; this would be adding the workload to the amplifier but reducing its output.
If there isn't an extension speaker socket it usualy means that the amplifier is already loaded with a speaker of the lowest impedence that the amplifier will work into, the only way round this would be to replace the combo's speaker with another of a higher impedence so that with an extension cab in parralel you would then get down to the minimum impedence.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
i honestly wouldnt recommend the kustom

IMO you can get much much better for that price

but hey its all about preference in sound

oh and first link has nothin
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Quote by Fast_Bear
^ Or you can jsut disconnect the speaker.

But then you'd have essentially a 100lb head. No.
It seems to me like an extremely good deal considering the price, eminence speakers, 600watts,seemingly sold construction. There are flaws with it such as the no room for extenstion speaker and extreme weight (100lb, wtf) but at that price, you can't really complain.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by enzoslashslash

Man... a 1200W combo... my dream... but isn't just the 3 speakers a bit suspicious? I mean that's about 2-5 less speakers than usual.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
"It was during that tour that then 19-year-old bass player Paolo Gregoletto first truly roadtested his Kustom Groove Bass stage rig. That rig consisted of two Kustom Groove Bass 1200 heads (1,200 watts each), two Groove Bass 410H cabinets (each loaded with four 10-inch Eminence® speakers and compression horn drivers) and one Groove Bass 215H cabinet (loaded with two 15-inch Eminence speakers and a compression horn driver). “Not only have I gotten the tone I want,” says Paolo, “but I am able to crank it with 1,200 watts of immense power! The low end is amazing. It literally shakes the stage every night.” When asked about any other elements of his stage rig Paulo says, “The only thing I use in between my bass and my Groove Bass rig is a Sans Amp pedal to give it a slightly dirtier sound when and if I want that.”"
kustom.com

So, it probably can handle that power.
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-Groove-210C-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=480764

there that was suppose to be that one link that did not work

so youre dead set on a kustom?

go with the 3x10 one

its only about 100 more than the others and has more power
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Quote by John Swift
I cannot see any reason for a series connection; this would be adding the workload to the amplifier but reducing its output.
If there isn't an extension speaker socket it usualy means that the amplifier is already loaded with a speaker of the lowest impedence that the amplifier will work into, the only way round this would be to replace the combo's speaker with another of a higher impedence so that with an extension cab in parralel you would then get down to the minimum impedence.

Oh right, yeah. I suppose you're unlikely to find a pair of 1 ohm speakers to attach it to.

It sounds like a pretty flawed design to me, anyway. I don't know why they had such a high RRP - I've never seen them on sale form more than half.
Quote by smb
Oh right, yeah. I suppose you're unlikely to find a pair of 1 ohm speakers to attach it to.
It sounds like a pretty flawed design to me, anyway. I don't know why they had such a high RRP - I've never seen them on sale form more than half.

Don't quite understand what you mean by a pair of 1 ohm speakers, I never mentioned them?
You seem a little confused so I'll try and explain.
If your combo is loaded with a 4 ohm speaker, and, without an extension socket, then it is a safe bet that the minimum impedence of the amplfier to safely work into is 4 ohms. to add an extension speaker would mean replacing the combo speaker with an 8 ohm speaker as well as putting an 8 ohm speaker in the extension cab, this would give a 4 ohm load wired in parellel.
If the combo had a 4 ohm speaker yes you could add another 4 ohm speaker, wired in series this would give an 8 ohm load which would then reduce the output of the 300 watt amplifier by one third to around 200 watts.
The design flaw is not offering an impedence option (8 or 4 ohms) as Mesa Boogie do with the Walkabout Scout Combo.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
OK then. Sounds like far too much effort and expense to me anyway. What a badly designed combo then, if its so heavy and can't have an external speaker!
theres nothing wrong with that Kustom amp, ive played a different model and it was a really good amp
if you look properly, the list price is over $1000, thats just a sale price.
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III