ok so my friend is paralyzed from the waist down and he cant use a wah without help so i was wandering if you think it would be possible to setup a wah built into a guitar.what kind of guitar would be thick enough for it to fit in.and do you think you could use the wah with forearm of your picking arm and still be able to comfortably play.his birthday is in 6 months from tommorow and i was planning on getting this done by then. thanks in advance.
there is a system called WAG that might be perfect for his situation
My stuff:
ESP LTD KH 202 w/ emg 81's
PEAVEY 5150 II Head
4x12 MESA BOOGIE RECTIFIER CAB

A recent study shows that 92% of all teens have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
i've never tried it but you could get him a Xpresense W.A.G.
R.I.P. Frank Zappa R.I.P. Hideto Matsumoto and nowR.I.P. Rick Wright

It doesn't take words to make love
You be the flower, I'll be the bee
That wasn't love, they were just words
You be the heart, I'll be the arrow
that's actually a pretty cool idea! and i feel for your friend, man. i think it would prolly be the easiest on a hollow body or semi hollow body. just cut out a portion big enough for it to fit. i would also try to loose the gears in it to make it a little easier to push down, and i would definitely get a wah with a passive on/off switch! If you get this thing built you've gotta take pix and post 'em! good luck
the WAG is the way to go
<JimmyPage5290>
Gibson Les Paul Smartwood, and Trogdor (Custom guitar build)> Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde> DigiTech Distortion Factory> Dimebag CryBaby >Fender Hotrod Deville 212
You could just stick an auto wah onto the body of the guitar.
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
I honestly think an auto-wah is the way to go. You'll never be able to get nice wah phrasing while playing if you're fooling with some other control while playing.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.