I am looking for a good 6 point tremelo system to replace the stock unit on a Fender Highway One Strat. I want something that is more of an upgrade. Is their anything out their with a heavier block? Any help is appreciated.

Edit:
I was thinking about this unit
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/1/Wilkinson_Gotoh_VSVG_Vintage_Tremolo/Details.html#details
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Last edited by OsirisProtocol at Feb 12, 2007,
Why do you need a bridge with a heavier block? Have you looked into Wilkinson trems?

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Not that I need a bridge with a heavier block. I am trying to decide between an American Strat and a Highway One strat. I am trying to weigh the pros and cons between what I would have to upgrade on both guitars to make them exactly what I want. I can't try out the trems at my shop so I am trying to make a backup plan incase the Highway One trem is bad after long use. I only got to use it once anyway.

Edit: I edited my first post right when you posted I guess. I was looking a that Wilkinson/Gotoh trem. I basically want something that wouldn't fall to far behind an American Strats trem system which would be hard since this is a different point design. I want the trem to be as stable as possible.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Last edited by OsirisProtocol at Feb 12, 2007,
well i have a mexi strat and i got a good luthier/repairer to set it up for me and i swear it holds tune amazingly well.

the stability problem might not be the bridge.it could be a poorly cut nut?

also i double lock my strings when i restring and that helps a lot.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I don't know about the double locking thing but I wanted to learn how to do it. I saw someone do it once when I was at a guitar shop. I guess I will see how the trem responds before I go crazy with replacements.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

its not any hardware or anything like that,its just the way you wrap the strings around the tuner.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I know that its a way to string the guitar itself. I was just saying that am going to wait a bit once I get the guitar to upgrade any hardware. Thanks for the help though. I am gonna look up how to double lock the strings online somewhere.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

American Strat>Highway 1 strat. Also, consider a Wilkinson.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I don't really love the American strats. The only one I am interested in the the HSS in Sienna Burst because of its Ash body.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem