I'm going to be designing a new portfolio and a multi-band related site soon, and want to be geared towards music and bands as I have been on here already. Now what would you guys like to see in term of graphical look of something like that? As fellow musicians, you're the guys I need, and the ones it needs to appeal to. So what kind of things you lookin for?

If you can, answer in this form if it matters, put each thing on 1-10 scale.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Logo: __
Flashiness: ___
Cool Text: ___
Organized: ___

Which do you prefer? Myspace bandsite vs. Purevolume bandsite (features and design)

Any other comments can go here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All help appreciated guys
Logos and websites for low prices - pm me

Quote by SideshowRaven24
wow dude way to think innovative. nice plan.
Quote by icon_player_5
that would be awesome if you saw it all the way through, good imagination

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
Last edited by al silver at Feb 12, 2007,
Logo=8
Flashiness=4
Cool Text=4
Organized=10

i like purevolume better cause you can put more shit on there
Quote by Friggly
my balls undropped...they're not all like low and stuff, and they look like they did when I was little...I still spew and stuff. Is it possible that I may be getting younger by the minute?!

haha^^
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Capt. Crow
anyone else?

Quote by SideshowRaven24
Quote by icon_player_5

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
Logo: 8 - Needs to attract
Flashiness: 0 - Who cares? Its the music, right?
Cool Text: 5 - Agian, needs to attract with the logo
Organized:10 - The most important. If you appear unorganised, it wont look as professional.

Definately Purevolume. Myspace isnt as good as everyone thinks these days, espeically when it comes to promotion. And its programmers are probabaly 12 years old or something.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Thanks guys for your comments! Anybody else?

Also: By Design of Myspace vs. PureVolume, I also mean the graphical interfaces given, which are liked more. As in the somewhat tech-ish feel to purevolume as opposed to well, i can't quite describe exactly...

Quote by SideshowRaven24
Quote by icon_player_5

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
I like the idea of PureVolume because Myspace has really been shot to hell with all the people going around "whoring" themselves
plus, the purevolume layout is band friendly, since that site is still about the music
its just that there aren't that many fans on purevolume so make sure it appeals to both i guess
Logo: 7
Flashiness: 5
Cool Text: 5
Organized: 10

Personally, I'm not sure I understand what "cool text" is.

Myspace and purevolume are different sites. Myspace is a lot more customizable from what I've seen, and much more popular.

As for "whoring" on myspace, you can monitor your own site...and having a fan base of 80,000 fans who don't listen to even one second of your music and use your page as a spam-dump for their ads, will not help you get your music out. So, monitoring it is essential - if they leave spam, delete the comment and delete them.

But, bottom line, there's no reason why you can't have a myspace and a purevolume and an isound account - so make em all if you want?
Quote by theRedPress

As for "whoring" on myspace, you can monitor your own site...and having a fan base of 80,000 fans who don't listen to even one second of your music and use your page as a spam-dump for their ads, will not help you get your music out. So, monitoring it is

see I don't think it needs to be the band's job to figure out who does and doesn't listen to the music
on a site like myspace, it is very possible that people are going around spamming comments and stuff
on PureVolume, it is truly dedicated to music and its not as easy for people to go around doing that