How hard is this song to learn? i'm pretty good at pent. scales and open chords, but not so much at barre chords and double stops, and there seems to be many of them here... should I try it, or go for something easier?
it's not impossible, but the SRV version is easier, IMO.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
just learn the basic chord progression and then work some of the Hendrix inflections over top of it
oh, and it's great for soloing on too. i learned improv on that song.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
it's not impossible, but the SRV version is easier, IMO.

Are you serious?

its about 3 minutes longer, completley instrumental and just ****in crazy overall!
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
Quote by The Casualty
I tried learning the SRV version, and it's a lot harder.

Jeez... thank God. I thought that I wasn't able to understand tablature anymore after SRV's version! Glad we've all had slight difficulty.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
yeah, but you don't move your hands around as much and the techniques are really repetitive. and it's actually five minutes longer, roughly. once you learn it though, you can play blues.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!