Whats the difference in sound between maple and rosewood fretboards? Maple is the lighter one and rosewood is darker if you were wondering. Also, I know they play differently but what are the advantages/disadvantages of each. And im talking about on a strat.
Thanks UG
rosewood is a warmer sound than maple, and is also unfinished, gives a different feel.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Maple will also show dark spots if you play a lot and don't keep the neck clean.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Yea the rosewood is a warmer sound and I think it looks better. When I made my strat I put a neck with a unfinished maple fretboard so it could look worn and black faster I kind of like the feel of that but rosewood is still my favorite.
Yea now that I think about it my acoustic has ebony I like that better but I don't think I've seen a electric with a ebony fretboard b4 especially not on strats.
i think some gibsons come with ebony fretboards
might only be the custom shop ones though...idk

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009