Could anybody give me any tips here?
I've got an Epi G400 Xtreme with said Floyd Rose Tremelo & the unin locks that go with it.
Bad news is, I've never been able to manage to keep it in tune. Well, once, after leaving it for a month to settle down after I bought it (with the 400 mile drive home to boot as well), & it sounded ace. Anyone who's beena ble to control one of these things want to teach me a few things please? I don't wanna have to trade the thing in for not been abel to keep it under control
Well, are you tuning it correctly?

By that I mean tuning the Low E, then A, then Low E again, D, Low E, etc.?
you should get it properly set up
there shouldn't be any problems finding a decent tutorial online
if you're not comfortable with doing it yourself, pay someone to do it
Quote by Guitarislife125

Take a look at the side of your guitar. Out of those three, which one looks more like yours?

The green thing is the bridge if you didn't know.

There are times where it was the 2nd one (back end high up), but I've been making sure recently it's level
Quote by Korzack
There are times where it was the 2nd one (back end high up), but I've been making sure recently it's level

Try replacing the springs in the spring cavity if the guitar is an older guitar.
lol WELL. Now i've got the chance to rpely to everything at once here!
Casualty, would've Never thought I;'d have had to tune it in a different way to a regular guitar, but I do guess it would make sense, as that bottom E is the one that slips the most. Thanks V. much
Kyrreca,... Good idea. I was thinking of getting it set up by a pro anyways, n ask them ta make a few notes for me so I know how ta do it myself in future. thank yous
Guitarislife125 - I'd noticed from earlier on that it does dive a bit, & i've been controlling that recently. Also been told to just loosen the tuning locks, not remove them. No idea how that helps, but I dunno...
Thanks you all V. much for yer help. I've got an idea of what ta do about it now.
remember when you're retuning, tighten those locking nuts as hard as you can, so theres a minimal chance of the strings slipping. and get some decent springs in the back, cheap springs are too malleable.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I'll save madpick a job and c&p his Floyd tuning guide for him

Tuning Floyd Rose:
1) Loosen the locking nut
2) Set your fine tuners to middle position
3) Tune up your guitar to standard or whichever tunings u wish. "Cross-tuning" between strings if you want easier. Tune the low E string> A string> low E string again> D string> low E string>A string... and so forth. Keep repeating for all strings. To make it more easier, tune the low E generally a bit sharper or about half step sharper, so that you might not have to repeat crossing the strings again and again.
4) If the floating bridge comes out, loosen the tunings and then tighten the springs in the tremolo cavity at the back, if the bridge sinks, then vice-versa, until the bridge is parallel to the body.
5) Be patient
6) If you're happy with your tunings and your bridge is well centered, lock in the nut
7) Tune again using the fine tuners

Also some tips - You might want to have at least 3 springs and after following the tuning method above, tighten the 2 claw's screw for about 1/8th or 1/4th more. This is to prevent your floating bridge from getting stuck to the knife edges on the posts (action studs) after you bend notes. You can ignore this if your bridge/trem is reliable (e.g. Edge Pro, Edge, ZR, Lo-Pro Edge, Original Floyd Rose, Licenced Floyd Rose by Kahler/Schaller/Gotoh). But still you may face this problem even if your bridge is very good.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^the single most annoying thing about a FR guitar is the constant tuning niggles. honestly, when i changed my pickup it took me the best part of 10 or 20 minutes to tune, then i had to loosen the springs and so on. im so glad i'm patient
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i havnt tuned my FR guitar since i got it (which was a month ago, mind you)

but getting it there took 20, 30 minutes though
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!