Ok, so I have a Squire Strat, a Johnson Telecaster copy, Epiphone Explorer, and Gibson V.

I've never played an LP. :/

But anyway, I've mainly been a Fender man since I got my Squier. Is this soiling me as a player, being partial to Fender necks? Will it affect anything when and if I switch to an LP?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
going to gibson necks will make your playing easier.

you go from a 25 1/2 scale (fender) to a 24 3/4 scale (gibson).
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
just a different tone and feel imo, also the LP body is heavier so that might take a while to get used to
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
i personally prefer the les pauls to strats- but thats just me...i prefer the weight and shape. its weight gives it more sustain too
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^ yea...but if you added up the weight to sustain ratio of a strat and a lp- the strat would win. because though there is more sustain to the lp- a strat of the same wood, set neck, and pups would probably sustain just as much- or as close at to be practically un perceivable
Quote by guitarshark2099
going to gibson necks will make your playing easier.

you go from a 25 1/2 scale (fender) to a 24 3/4 scale (gibson).

That statement is 100% based on opinion, FYI.
I could just get a short scale Fender if that were the case...Mustang or Tornado...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
i have huge hands (even though im 13) so i prefer large scales.

the easier part isnt a true statement. the neck is thicker on a lp, and its narrow. that bugs the heck out of me.

why would you go short scale fender if you have a squier with the same scale as a normal fender?
Quote by TUMFP
I personally love Fender necks over Gibson. I like when Fender uses the Jumbo frets like Gibson though. Fender neck --> Jumbo frets --> Godly.

true dat.
I have a Strat and a Les Paul and I switch between them with no troubles at all, I prefer playing the Les Paul as far as feel and sound are concerned but my Strat is my favorite guitar for sentimental reasons.
It's a different neck... it's not that big of a switch. Maybe to some of you guys it is, but just forget about worrying about the neck. It won't be that hard.