Alright so I was on musicians friend and saw this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Sonoran-SCE-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=517573

The headstock is what caught my eye so I decide to take a look. After reading up about it I find out that it has a solid top, electronics and is only $300. Now from what I have read fender doesnt make very good acoustics but it looks very good on paper. Can someone tell me why I should stay away from them?
i have a fender acoustic and its bueatiful, thought id just let you know
I can't say, but if you like this, you might like the Stratacoustic or Telecoustic...
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
Im not really looking to buy one right now for im a little broke. I was just curious because I have always been told to stay away from fender acoustic guitars. Now I see this and it looks like it could be a really good guitar. Maybe this summer I will be able to afford an acoustic guitar and if I do decide to purchase one it would be nice to know if these are worth taking a look at.
Quote by lmweed20
i have a fender acoustic and its bueatiful, thought id just let you know

DITTO

P.S. girls love it
if you are going to get a fender i would try it out before you buy it to make sure you like it. a fender electric acoustic for $300 probably isn't going to sound too great, but thats just my opinion.
Thats kinda what I thought to so I was just wondering how many people have experince with them whether its good or bad.
I have one of there really cheap starters, and I love it, even after playing some very highend ones. For a 100 bucks it couldn't be beat, so Im betting that translates into there 300 dollor and up ones...
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
ive got a fender acoustic/electric Cd-1OO CE (Lefty of course), and i could not be happier, sound, look, durability, its all wonderful. mine was about 300 also so i say if you want it, go for it.
"Tuning... who the f*** needs tuning?!"
It has a pickup.
Don't do it at that price.
If you need a pickup on a guitar but can't afford much then buy a normal guitar and buy a soundhole pickup later on.
I think theyre are better guitars around. Like the guitars in the guitars for under 300 dollars thread.
Thats a great reference
indeed it is a good reference im just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the acoustics because if they are as good as they sound then WOW! I would still like to hear some feedback on why most people bash fender acoustics though.
hmm let me see cause they suckk
and

yea they suck compared to the alverz and the other ones i waitied 2 months later to get my guitar rather than getting a piece of shit
Theres a reason why you don't see any artists using fender acoustics. I'll leave it at that.
Quote by octavian
Theres a reason why you don't see any artists using fender acoustics. I'll leave it at that.

hahah sorry i dug this thread up, but there are a couple indie/ progressive bands i know of that use it.

anthony green- circa survive/ saosin
the lead singer- portugal the man

haha it has decent sound, he even recorded his album with it.

check out, " she loves me so" - anthony green

and "created" portugal the man