im setting up something simple in my basement dirt cheap and was wondering whatsa the least amount of mics you need for a kit.
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
i was thinking 3 ish one on one side one on the other and one on the kick. its just for now til later this summer.
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
think about it this way, how many ears do you have?
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
dynamic or omni?
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
If it's a a good set, a good player, good tuning, good heads, than one very well could produce an amazing quality recording.
well actually it some cheap heads but i got a sicknasty snare and nice cymbals
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Well yeah, but its the idea I'm getting at that a good drummer on a good kit is going to sound like a good drummer on a good kit whether you've got the kit completely miced up or have one mic hanging over the top center of the kit.
What GiantRaven said.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
If you have three, I think you need one by the snare/hi-hat, one by the bass drum and one hanging above. There is a book on this but I can't remember the name of it. If I find it, I will let you know.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
what i do is use 4 mics. 1 for the floor and another for rack tom. and 1 for the snare and another for the kick....once your record these in separate tracks it would help. When editing make 2 tracks for each tom. use one of each and cut all the lows and mids..and increase all the highs and pan them 100% left and right. That should bring out the cymbals and give u that panning effect. For the kick, u gotta eq that just right so it cuts through but isnt too loud. The snare use alot of the vst compression to give it a nice tight sound(if thats what your going for)..

this is just basically a super duper watered down version of what i do but its a start.
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay