If you remove the pickguard off the telecaster will there be a huge gaping hole of routing and stuff or will it look ok?
There is a big diagonal rout from the neck pickup to the control cavity. Looks pretty unsightly without a pickguard.

EDIT: Hmmm... some pictures I've just seen don't have a channel, instead it is like a tunnel type of thing, which is odd cause that would cost a lot more to manufacture. I know older Teles had a rout that ran diagonally underneath the pickguard anyway.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Last edited by Calum_Barrow at Feb 12, 2007,
^ squires do not have the routs- most fender make ones do tho.

i took the pg off my tele- ugghh- it looked horrid there was a large rout for all the wiring- as well as like 3 random ass holes?
Thanks, just wanted to know. I have a LP so i can't really try it. sorry, I should have stated that
Quote by tongue untied
^ squires do not have the routs- most fender make ones do tho.

i took the pg off my tele- ugghh- it looked horrid there was a large rout for all the wiring- as well as like 3 random ass holes?

Were the three holes in a line with the middle one being bigger? If so, I believe these holes are for if you want to install a switch on the pickguard (such as a mini toggle) though I may be wrong.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
According to my telecaster book, they made those channels because it was easier then drilling one long whole all the way from the Neck picup to the control cavity. But I still think they do that, just to cut costs and all. Best way is to check yourself