OK, I bought this Dunlop GCB-95 Wah Wah pedal off of ebay a while back. It worked fine, I left feedback, then put the pedal away and didn't use it for a while (I intended to mod it later; still do if I can get it working again).

I just played it and it worked perfectly for about a minute or so and then completely stopped working. I put a new battery in and still nothing. I opened it up and noticed that the two wires going to the battery were and attached with duct tape , of all things! I took the tape off, clipped off the bare ends, and made a new connection with my soldering iron, and taped the wires with electrical tape, making sure they were separate.

Put in another completely new battery, played for a minute and it died again. I've looked over the board and there are no scorch marks, etc. Everything looks perfectly fine.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Should this go in the Customizing section...?
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Last edited by auranos at Feb 12, 2007,
i have no idea which wah youre taking about, it sounds like a peice of crap. please specify. And i think you should buy a new one. And disect the old one. It does seem like youre very handy and capable of making your own.
plz correct me i dont know how much you spent on the wah. I have the 525 q by dunlop the one with controls and its great.
umm
first mistake: taking off duct tape
.... duct tape fixes everything
Quote by fosho
how....did you find that wiki article?
youre a weird one tjdjr09

Quote by schecterboy3000
i have no idea which wah youre taking about, it sounds like a peice of crap. please specify. And i think you should buy a new one. And disect the old one. It does seem like youre very handy and capable of making your own.
plz correct me i dont know how much you spent on the wah. I have the 525 q by dunlop the one with controls and its great.

The GCB-95 is a lower end wah pedal made by Dunlop. However, for a very small amount of money I can mod it to my specifications, making it a better choice for me than the 525q (which I did try, btw). I bought it for about $30 total off of ebay, and would much rather fix it than waste a bunch of money on a new pedal, or say, "beat the hell out of it ). Starving college student here folks! I'm saving up for a new cab with what little I have after books, tuition, etc.

Quote by tjdjr09
umm
first mistake: taking off duct tape
.... duct tape fixes everything

Hahaha
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
I'd take it into a music shop where someone could actually see it. And isn't it the 535Q or are there both of them.
^ Separate things. Yeah, take it to someone who knows (or makes you think that).
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
i found this out the hard way: dont try to mod a 535q. just dont.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R