I know theres a thread liek this every other day, but I need to know if there is anything I can do to gain speed with both my picking and fretting hands?

Lessons, excersises, tips, anything is appreciated.

Thanks
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
see the knobs on your guitar? twist them and they make you play faster. called speed knobs.

all jokes aside, this is amazing:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/guitar_techniques/speed_buster_part_1_-_more_practice.html
Speed Buster. Part 1 - More Practice | Lessons @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Metronome, Metronome, Metronome. I usually just go up and down the neck using all four fingers hitting each fret. So it would be 1,2,3,4....2,3,4,5....3,4,5,6... and so on, i usually go till my pinky hits the 12th fret and then go down to the 5th string and go backwards the same way, use a metronome to measure your speed everytime your first finger goes up a fret. its hard to explain, but maybe you get it...
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
LH Fender Standard Stratocaster Arctic White
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal

RedSox are better than you.
like 30 bucks
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
LH Fender Standard Stratocaster Arctic White
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal

RedSox are better than you.
The way I got my picking hand faster is pretty gay but it worked for me. I just tremelo picked the intro to Aerials by SOAD like |-33332222000000005555333322222222-.....-|

As far as your fretting hand, just keep plaing until you have where each fret is engrained in your brain so you don;t have to think of where to put it, it just goes there. It is not as big of a deal because you have 4 fingers but only one picking hand.
If you want to speed up use the pck up and down it works but take time to get used to at first
Quote by metalzeppelin
The way I got my picking hand faster is pretty gay but it worked for me. I just tremelo picked the intro to Aerials by SOAD like |-33332222000000005555333322222222-.....-|

Tremolo picking the intro to "The Worst is yet to come" by Still Remains was less gay practice for me because the actual song is tremolo picking
theres always hammer ons and pull offs to consider as well. They can bing your speed playing up a fair bit. Specially when you consider that you can get 3 or 4 notes per pic strike if you practice enough at it.
i agree with the metronome just dont start at like 208 work your way up
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
When you say 208, do you mean picking the string once at every beat or is it like.... 4 times? Cause I can do scales hitting it once every tick at 208 but it doesn't seem fast...
208 are the amount of BPM you have (Beats per minutes) 208 is pretty fast. Make sure you metronome is in 4/4 and go from there
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Quote by copet
When you say 208, do you mean picking the string once at every beat or is it like.... 4 times? Cause I can do scales hitting it once every tick at 208 but it doesn't seem fast...

when practising with a metronome, you should initially practise 8th notes (2 per click), triplets (3 per click) and 16th notes (4 per click).
Practice your scales with legato technique.

Always Acuuracy > Speed.
ಥ_ಥ