Page 1 of 2
i cant believe wolfmother won over tool and system of a down. they are nothing but zeppelin ripoffs who suck where zeppelin was good. 10,000 days was an amazing album like all they other tool albums. I cant believe that. that is total BULL$HIT.
It's a popularity contest. Wolfmother has come out with the latest hit, and that's what people remember, thus making people vote for them. Get over yourself.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by _Mayday_
...what? Shall we turn this into a random rant thread?

Omg what's the DEAL WITH SOCKS? THEY SUCK MAJOR BALLS! THEY ARE TOO HOT IN THE SUMMER AND TOO ITCHY IN THE WINTER!!!!!!!

One of these days you'll make me laugh.

I look forward to it.
Quote by _Mayday_
Omg what's the DEAL WITH SOCKS? THEY SUCK MAJOR BALLS! THEY ARE TOO HOT IN THE SUMMER AND TOO ITCHY IN THE WINTER!!!!!!!

I KNOW!! WTF?!! THEY GO ON BOTH FEET AS WELL!! WHATS THE DEAL WITH THAT?! MY FEET ARENT THE SAME!
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Wu-Tang Clan ain't nuthin to **** with.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by _Mayday_
I know, it's my goal in life. How about a quick joke?

Descartes was sitting in a bar.
The Bartender asks him 'You want another drink?'
Descartes replies with "I think not"

...and vanishes is a poof of logic.

I still await the day...
Quote by froete_88
i cant believe wolfmother won over tool and system of a down. they are nothing but zeppelin ripoffs who suck where zeppelin was good. 10,000 days was an amazing album like all they other tool albums. I cant believe that. that is total BULL$HIT.

Kid you make me laugh! You have the musical taste of a 13 year old, and your ranting is annoying most UGer's.
666 BRO
Quote by neocon58
^ Wolfmother were generally more popular than Tool or System.

Yea, but how often do you hear Tool and System on the radio as opposed to Wolfmother. I hear Joker and the Theif at least once a day, whereas I don't hear any Tool or System rarely at all.

I'm not taking sides here, I'm just saying that the people hear Wolfmother more, and hear their songs more and get them stuck in their hear, and don't hear enough Tool or System songs, thus resulting in them voting for them over System and Tool.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
i hate dealing with you naive people. Open your eyes fool! Loney Day has absolutely nothing on Mother. As much as i love SOAD, Think about global popularity and Loney Day was only there as a filler to make up the 4 nominations. Same with the NIN song. Face the fact that SOAD and NIN did not have their best foot forward for that grammy. Tool gave wolfmother competition, but its based on popularity of the masses not on your preference.

IMO, Tool shouldn't be under the hard rock category, The only thing keeping them there is that there is nowhere else for them.

Wolfmother are not Zepplin rip offs, they have clearly been influenced by them but so has just about every rock band to date. Are you going to tell me that everyone who has ever used a powerchord is copying Black Sabbath?
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
Ever since Santana owned the grammys, they lost all thier meaning.
So shut the fuck up you whiny prat.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by Zuka
Uhh... Hmmm...

Reported?

... I'm not sure.

What the f@ck are you talking about
Quote by Zuka
Uhh... Hmmm...

Reported?

... I'm not sure.

Yet you then proceed to spam in this thread?

Uhh... Hmmm... Idiot.
My God, it's full of stars!
I have a solution! move on with your life, soad and tool are musically better but wolfmother is more popular than both.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
u really shouldnt make such a big deal over purely a popularity contest......and u dont need to type BULL$HIT, because that is somewhat annoying

Jack my swag
Quote by _Mayday_
I know, it's my goal in life. How about a quick joke?

Descartes was sitting in a bar.
The Bartender asks him 'You want another drink?'
Descartes replies with "I think not"

...and vanishes is a poof of logic.

Haha I dig it man.

But Seriously, I like Wolfmother, and I'm big on the fact that a rock revival band is brigning back a past tone in a new light. Lenny Kravitz has a tone thats kinda 60's or 70's and he's pretty popular.

I dunno what I'm trying to say but quit cryin', its not as bad as the time Metallica got cheated.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top w/ Seymour Duncans
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top w/ Dimarzios
Peavey Windsor Halfstack
MXR Distortion III
Dunlop Jazz 3 picks (Red)
DR Tite-fit 10's
Monster Cables
Hahaha Wolfmother pwned Tool and SOAD. My world is complete. Hooray!
Quote by xchiefx
sometimes, i put socks over my hands and talk to them

Quote by Blues Breaker
Australia FTW
dude, chill out. wolfmother may not have all that weird timing crap like tool, but they're freaking sweet.

Quote by Zuka
Uhh... Hmmm...

Reported?

... I'm not sure.

do you live for anything besides making useless posts?
Quote by Gorilla Fingers

I dunno what I'm trying to say but quit cryin', its not as bad as the time Metallica got cheated.

Please enlighten me as I have never heard of this.
Quote by gunther_sucks

didnt jethro tull win a grammy over metallica, acdc, and anthrax? something like that

Jack my swag
Quote by Dreadnought
Yet you then proceed to spam in this thread?

Uhh... Hmmm... Idiot.

...?

I wasn't sure if I should report it...
Quote by frottage
Do you live for anything besides making useless posts?

I'm sorry.
Wolfmother pwned tool and SOAD, i like soad man, but wolfmother deserved it. Tool is overrated.
Quote by froete_88

Wolfmother are WAY better than the other 2 excuses for a band you mentioned. They might sound like Zeppelin rip offs, but they are still better than the pieces of crap that are Tool and S.O.A.D - It is these bands that a full of bullshit.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Quote by gunther_sucks

When Metallica lost to....Jethro Tull? I dunno, I was a toddler
Like System Of A Down are any better

seriously, I stopped listening to that shit a few months back and trying to listen to any of it now is like getting my ears gouged with a screwdriver
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i think it was jethro tull.....som1 back me up here (i have nothing against jethro tull but they should never be categorized with metallica)

Jack my swag
Quote by Dreadnought
Well, Jethro Tull definitely deserve to win over Metallica.

neither deserved to win over eachother, because you cant compare those 2 completely different genres in a contest

Jack my swag
Quote by TimmyPage06
Besides

Noone likes Tool.

Quote by Demonbreed
Wolfmother are WAY better than the other 2 excuses for a band you mentioned. They might sound like Zeppelin rip offs, but they are still better than the pieces of crap that are Tool and S.O.A.D - It is these bands that a full of bullshit.

AHAHAHAHAHA, have you ever even HEARD Tool?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I love Wolfmother, but in SOADs and Tool's (worst band ever) defenses, look at the catagory they won in: Best Rock Performance.

That could mean that SOAD and Tool just suck at performing compared to 'Mother, all music aside.

Wolfmother is still better, regardless.

[/OPINION]
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
the better question is how the hell the Dixie Chicks won 5 grammies, and the Raconteurs won none.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Page 1 of 2