Hola, I have to write 4 jazz songs for my History class by Friday, and I need a bit o' help. I don't hardly know anything about jazz. I've read the articles located at Cyberfret, but I'm a bit lost on making my own chord progressions, and also the improv style of Jazz. If anyone could help out, that would be awesome. Also, if you could recommend a powertab I could download of an exemplary jazz song, that would be fantastic.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Perhaps I should mention that it's 20's Jazz, sort of during the Harlem Renaissance.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
well, you should try out combinations of maj7ths, minor 7ths, and so on with 9ths and such.

If it is neccesary by friday, just like take the chord changes to songs you like, and transpose the key. You can also play them differently, if you are that desperate.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
ttry somethin with an F-Bb-maybe C, G, D, whatever sounds good
but start the progression with a perfect 4th i believe, play that twice then add somethin in, thats what we usually play in jazz band
for improv, a minor pentatonic scale usually fits nicely, try that
good luck
bye
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
http://www.jazzguitar.be/ There we go. It gives chord progressions, chords, scales and everything else.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??