Page 1 of 4
So i was listening to some Mudvayne and started to wonder what happened to them. They had talent they had skill they had a fan base. Then I reliesed that they were lumped together with the nu-metal scene and as that started to die so did the bands so good talent (not a whole lot in nu metal but the mudvayne bassist was really good). And i started to think as the metalcore genre starts to die (which it will) will any band with screaming start to disappear?

what i'm asking is are forceing bands into genres a good or bad thing?
Quote by LeoKhenir
I love you, Killer Bacon.
Bad genres die quicky. Get over it.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Metalcore isnt a bad genre.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Quote by Killer_bacon
So i was listening to some Mudvayne
fail
and started to wonder what happened to them.
they realized they suck and killed themselves.
They had talent they had skill they had a fan base.
just like you have good taste in music
Then I reliesed that they were lumped together with the nu-metal scene and as that started to die so did the bands so good talent (not a whole lot in nu metal but the mudvayne bassist was really good).
they were limp phalluses.

And i started to think as the metalcore genre starts to die (which it will) will any band with screaming start to disappear?
i'll answer this question with another question: are you straight?
i'm ready for the metalcore/ hardcore/ anything screaming with "core" at the end to die. i hope real metal comes back in style. thad be the sh*t
Yeah. Nu-metal was a terrible genre that people grew out of. Genres like metalcore just don't have that much room for creativity.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by <poop>
fail
they realized they suck and killed themselves.
just like you have good taste in music
they were limp phalluses.

i'll answer this question with another question: are you straight?

Wow. That was the worst pwn attempt I've ever seen.
LOL
I hate when people categorize music, but its even worse when a fellow musician does it. Whatever happened to just playing? Honestly, does it matter whether its "hardcore" or "metalcore" or "____core" as long as its good music?
Quote by DownInAHole.
Wow. That was the worst pwn attempt I've ever seen.

i'm sorry, what? did you just say pwn? god you are a ****ing faggot. kill yourself. and have sex with your mother you ****nut.
Quote by theduke92
I hate when people categorize music, but its even worse when a fellow musician does it. Whatever happened to just playing? Honestly, does it matter whether its "hardcore" or "metalcore" or "____core" as long as its good music?

Ha! The Dr. Phil of the pit. j/k
LOL
Quote by <poop>
i'm sorry, what? did you just say pwn? god you are a ****ing faggot. kill yourself. and have sex with your mother you ****nut.

Um....OK?
LOL
Quote by <poop>

ok then...

Quote by <poop>
Feb 2007
FAIL
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
i personally hope that all of the screamo, nu metal, and all that crap dies out really soon and that old metal comes back. Like 80's style metal.
Quote by rollingstones
i personally hope that all of the screamo, nu metal, and all that crap dies out really soon and that old metal comes back. Like 80's style metal.

That will never happen in our lifetime.
LOL
Quote by soulfly_freak
ok then...

FAIL

hey shitface, you do realize you're rediculing a join date, don't you? if i were you, i'd get deep throated by that oother shit face and choke on it. piece of nigger.
Quote by DownInAHole.
Now, THAT is owning someone.

*takes a bow*
hey shitface, you do realize you're rediculing a join date, don't you? if i were you, i'd get deep throated by that oother shit face and choke on it. piece of ]******.
That made no sense.

FAIL
LOL
The problem with music is that it will never be clearly defined. Just when you think you have all the genres worked out a band like Tool come allong, plays some crazy random noise and then asks where to be put. So we stick them in between, we create a new genre and call it, i dunno, techno, hard noise rock. Copy cat bands come allong and join this group and the genre becomes the thing of the month. The genre gets huge but the quality drops, people realise that the music isn't as good anymore and start looking for the next thing. Its just the way it always seams to go.

I guess what im trying to say is that we don't force genres onto bands, the bands force it on themselves. Its only ever the bands that started the new genre, the bands that sound different that make it a long time. Mudvayne wanted the popularity in nu-metal so they sung nu-metal, they followed in the footsteps of those before them. Tey choose their path, they failed, their fault. NOT OURS
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
Quote by <poop>
if i were you, i'd get deep throated by that oother shit face and choke on it. piece of ******.

lets see here, same type of lame responce: one sentence composed of nothing but profanities with no signs of intelligence...hmm

FAIL!!!
Quote by soulfly_freak
lets see here, same type of lame responce: one sentence composed of nothing but profanities with no signs of intelligence...hmm

FAIL!!!

This is fun.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
That made no sense.

FAIL

i wonder who fails more.

a random person on the internet, or you actually caring.
Quote by <poop>
i wonder who fails more.

or.....you.
LOL
Quote by <poop>
i wonder who fails more.

incorrect punctuation...fail

Quote by <poop>

stating the obvious that this is the internet and incorrect punctuation again...FAIL

Quote by <poop>
my name is poop
FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!
Quote by Dirge Humani
I don't like you at all. You type like an ape with no fingers, and make just about as much sense as one too. AND, your sig is fucking ridiculous. Welcome to hell.

LOL
Quote by Dirge Humani
I don't like you at all. You type like an ape with no fingers, and make just about as much sense as one too. AND, your sig is fucking ridiculous. Welcome to hell.

who the **** are you? jakester's lover? ****ing piece of fag shit. ape with no finger? yea that makes sense. i think UG may contain the dumbest morons ever.
Quote by soulfly_freak
incorrect punctuation...fail

stating the obvious that this is the internet and incorrect punctuation again...FAIL

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

lmao you went through all that just to tell me i fail?

lmfao. down syndrome neanderthal ****s.
Quote by <poop>
who the **** are you? jakester's lover? ****ing piece of fag shit. ape with no finger? yea that makes sense. i think UG may contain the dumbest morons ever.

dumbest morons? how old are you? 7?
Quote by Dirge Humani
Do you even play guitar, or did you just come here to troll?

were you born with an extra chromosome or did your mother just not give a shit?
wow dude your making a great name for yourself everyone is gonna like you!!
If looks could kill, my charm will scatter faceless dead bodies, everywhere
Quote by <poop>
lmao you went through all that just to tell me i fail?

lmfao. down syndrome neanderthal ****s.

Kind of like you broke down the threadstarter's post and gave him nonsense answers relevant to genatalia. Wow, you're very mature.

Oh, and.

FAIL!

Quote by <poop>
were you born with an extra chromosome or did your mother just not give a shit?

Nice comeback btw.
LOL
Quote by XstygX
wow dude your making a great name for yourself everyone is gonna like you!!

wow, you care about reputation as an anonymous shit on the internet! i like you already!!
Quote by DownInAHole.
FAIL!

YOU FAIL FOR NOT MAKING THE FAIL RED!!!

kidding...
Quote by DownInAHole.
Kind of like you broke down the threadstarter's post and gave him nonsense answers relevant to genatalia. Wow, you're very mature.

Oh, and.

FAIL!

that was copypasta, cumshot. it doesn't take any effort.
Quote by <poop>
wow, you care about reputation as an anonymous shit on the internet! i like you already!!

We shouldn't care because you won't be here much longer.
LOL
Quote by <poop>

umm not really im just trying to help you out..

your a douche
If looks could kill, my charm will scatter faceless dead bodies, everywhere
Page 1 of 4