I thinking of getting a custom Warmoth super strat done, but I added it all up last night and it came to around $1500(cnd) I can probobly save about $100 buying some parts used off ebay a stuff but do you guys think thats about the going rate?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
Yes, that's perfectly normal. They're NOT cheap, plus for what it takes for you to assemble it and finish it (if they're not finishing it) is almost not worth it. Just use the money for a luthier!

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Okay, then how much do you think I would pay a luthier for a Mahogany Alpine White Strat with black binding routed for a floyd rose, with no contours and a maple neck and maple fretboard with black block inlays an a black binding?
Looks like Algee's trying to drum up some business.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
you can get parts elsewhere- bodies off exoticwoods, parts from guitar fetish, carvin necks, etc. can make it cheaper.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
you can get parts elsewhere- bodies off exoticwoods, parts from guitar fetish, carvin necks, etc. can make it cheaper.

Does exoticwoods make pre-cut bodies?
sorry, doesn't look like it. it's easy to do something like get a through-neck and body wings and do it yourself- almost impossible to screw up.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
sorry, doesn't look like it. it's easy to do something like get a through-neck and body wings and do it yourself- almost impossible to screw up.

Have you done it and would you still have to rout it?
You can get some good deals on parts off the classifieds section of this website just do a thread saying WTB: guitar parts and list what you want. I did it for a dinky body and neck and got 3 offers for a dinky body and 1 for a neck in 2 days and I am going to make a superstrat out of them when I get them. Also are you sure you want the mahogany body thats going to have a deeper tone but it will be heavy especially with no contours I got a mahogany strat and it ways at least as much as a Les Paul.
Quote by 420 FREAK
You can get some good deals on parts off the classifieds section of this website just do a thread saying WTB: guitar parts and list what you want. I did it for a dinky body and neck and got 3 offers for a dinky body and 1 for a neck in 2 days and I am going to make a superstrat out of them when I get them. Also are you sure you want the mahogany body thats going to have a deeper tone but it will be heavy especially with no contours I got a mahogany strat and it ways at least as much as a Les Paul.

Yeah I'm a big fan of the les paul sound but it's high fret access is pretty limitted.
Quote by gibson_10
Have you done it and would you still have to rout it?

it's basically cutting the wings and gluing them on the sides. and you can cheat, use a flamed maple top, do all the routing right underneath. it's what gibson does.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by gibson_10
Yeah I'm a big fan of the les paul sound but it's high fret access is pretty limitted.

Yea if you put humbuckers into a mahogony body you should get pretty close. Thats why theres the sg, I like the sg better you get high fret acces and it weighs less and is more comfortable.
Quote by 420 FREAK
Yea if you put humbuckers into a mahogony body you should get pretty close. Thats why theres the sg, I like the sg better you get high fret acces and it weighs less and is more comfortable.

Yeah but you cant put a floyd on a sg can you?
I was going to write that in but idk thought it would get too long right now I am making a custom Jackson to upgrade from my LTD with floyd I never thought I would need one until I used it and now I use it all the time plus I like having 24 frets and superstrats are great.
Quote by gibson_10
Yeah but you cant put a floyd on a sg can you?

Generally speaking, no.

SG bodies are pretty thin.
Have Algee make it for you

Warmoth is definately expensive. I was going to build a guitar off of there (came around to $1400) but I decided it was not worth it, especially for a Bolt-on.

It also helps that Jackson came out with the RR24 which has everything I wanted anyways.