Page 1 of 2
Since as Contraband said in one of his posts "The Pit is a beacon of stupidity for morons" or something to that extent, I recently saw a thread about a Shined concert.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=66808
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=66829

The amount of morons and assholes in the Pit thread is infuriating, and figured people in this thread would be a little less ignorant of Black Metal and not judge it by these douchebags.

I think it's disgusting.
I know, the Pit is full of cunts, but what can you do? As for the concert, that is ridiculous. Giving out razors to teens? Come on.
...I think you just proved your own point. Of course people are going to react strongly to that, it's a terrible example of the culture of black metal. It's like when we hear about terrorist bombings in the Middle East and almost nothing about rational Muslims- it presents a skewed, sectionalized vision of reality. So ****ing duh. Metal is an underground culture and people know very little about it, so of course they gravitate towards the most outrageous news and soundbytes about it.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I'd love to have been there.

Who cares if they gave razor blades to people, if they are stupid enough to buy into anything other than the performance then they're idiots. It's not like the band emits such a force that people have to draw the blades up their arms to deal with it.

It's an act.

Why is Maniac a douche?

OMG A SWASTIKA!!!!
That's really too bad.

I got in the pit and crowd-surfed at an Amon Amarth/Children of Bodom concert, and had a great time. It's too bad some people take things that can be a lot of fun and ruin them, which is what it sounds like happened here.
Quote by StuartR
Why is Maniac a douche?

So many reasons, I'd get mad just listing them.

As well as that bass amp thing? Who the fuck does that?

Plus he sucks at singing, and completely kills what little legacy Mayhem had.
Am I the only one who kind of finds this cool? People need to settle the **** down for christs sake. I admit a lil' overdone but still, what could you expect from that line up. If any true fan was their they would love any second of it. Shit, only posers of black metal hate that kind of stuff. Kids these days, not kvlt at all

/prepares to be flamed by the ignorant youngans.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Why do they insist on trying to be as extreme as possible? I dig a little bit of BM (haven't really had time to explore all of the bands, just a few), but shit like this, the Mayhem killings, or Samoth's murder puts me off it.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Meh, I find it pretty cool. I would never do anything like that but I respect anybody who has that big of ironclad balls.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Meh. Iggy Pop was already doing this stuff.

The razor blade handing out was a cross over the line, but the urine drinking, while stupid as shit, isn't that shocking.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Yeah the urine drinking was gross I think. Can I yell ATTENTION *****! But I don't think he handed the razorblades out to everyone. Just that one fan who apparently was very devouted. The guy probably still has that razor blade.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

In this Post Urinistic world I find this to be quite amazing. Hey, it's an act though. Certain performers think they are "artists" when it come down to it.

As for the pit, what did you expect? The ignorance in that forum can suffocate a baby whale.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
most black metal is too wrapped up in image, not sound. i personally would be pissed if i payed to see a band and i got the singers blood and urine all over me, then he threw razors at me, but then again, thats why i dont go to black metal concerts.
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
I do think that's probably a little far out there...

I mean, it's one thing to put on an act, and another to cut yourself and pass out the real bloody razors to teenagers. I'm sure there was beer and drugs available and someone could have been really messed up and hurt themselves or someone else. I think it's irresponsible on the artists part to do things like that...

Now, if it was fake blood, fake razors yadayada I wouldn't really care. If they REALLY wanted to put on a show, they should have just spent the time to make fake stuff...

Oh well, at least not all BM is like this.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Finally some one who agrees with me
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

lol.
I think i saw that in the pappers.

After one show Mayhem was all over the pappers because of their raw meat antics etc.
Thats what makes the black metal scene look like such a joke, people trying WAY to hard to be "kvlt". I think it should be about the music, Not how many churches you burn or spikes you can wear on your clothing or who can have the crappiest recordings.
Quote by gsr2k6
Thats what makes the black metal scene look like such a joke, people trying WAY to hard to be "kvlt". I think it should be about the music, Not how many churches you burn or spikes you can wear on your clothing or who can have the crappiest recordings.
Varg would eat your face.
Quote by The Casualty
Since as Contraband said in one of his posts "The Pit is a beacon of stupidity for morons" or something to that extent, I recently saw a thread about a Shined concert.

Hey - you stole my thread! I was going to post it in here, but I figured since I only occasionally post in here I'd probably get a lot of hate for it from you guys.
Copied from my Post in the Pit Thread (with an added part):

Just Pathetic Black Metal posing, its nothing new. I love how kvlt people call other music poser music, but a lot of Black Metal is more poseurish (is that a word?) then hair metal. I don't mind the artist self-harming on stage and the fighting (its nothing new to Black Metal), but the Swastika (carved into the dudes forehead!!) and the handing out of razorblades to teenagers is just disgusting.

Im sure someone will come on and tell me that I just don't understand because Im a hot topic mallrat (what Is Hot Topic anyway, we don't have it in the U.K.?), but they are just buying into this pathetic "Im so evil and kvlt, nobody can ever understand me" attitude. Anyone ever read the thing about the "King of Black Metal" guy? Some pathetic posing right there.

I mean the Mayhem guy carving a Swastika into his forehead? Is he really a Nazi and belives the aryan race is superior to all others and that other races should be exterminated, or is he trying to act hard? I believe its the latter.

And reading some of the comments on Blabbermouth (were the general level of intelligence is below even that of the Pit) is even funnier. Most people realise how stupid it is, but then you get some retards saying how the others are "pussys" and that they "can't handle" Black Metal. And then theres comments claiming you have to be psychotic and manic depressive to understand the deaper meaning behind the music. To me these people are the biggest posers of them all, and they're just trying to distinguish themselfes from others in any way possible.

**** Black Metal Posers, Music before Image.

P.S.: I do like some Black Metal, and I realise a lot of Black Metal bands don't rely on their evil kvlt image to get attention, and that a lot of bands are true musicians first and foremost, and not attention *****s. I've researched the subject extensively, and although there is some blinding stupidity within parts of the Black Metal scene (this, the Mayhem killings, church burnings, Nazism) the majority is pretty normal.

Flame away, but remember everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by Mechanixx

Just Pathetic Black Metal posing, its nothing new. I love how kvlt people call other music poser music, but a lot of Black Metal is more poseurish (is that a word?) then hair metal. I don't mind the artist self-harming on stage and the fighting (its nothing new to Black Metal), but the Swastika (carved into the dudes forehead!!) and the handing out of razorblades to teenagers is just disgusting.

Im sure someone will come on and tell me that I just don't understand because Im a hot topic mallrat (what Is Hot Topic anyway, we don't have it in the U.K.?), but they are just buying into this pathetic "Im so evil and kvlt, nobody can ever understand me" attitude. Anyone ever read the thing about the "King of Black Metal" guy? Some pathetic posing right there.

I mean the Mayhem guy carving a Swastika into his forehead? Is he really a Nazi and belives the aryan race is superior to all others and that other races should be exterminated, or is he trying to act hard? I believe its the latter.

And reading some of the comments on Blabbermouth (were the general level of intelligence is below even that of the Pit) is even funnier. Most people realise how stupid it is, but then you get some retards saying how the others are "pussys" and that they "can't handle" Black Metal. And then theres comments claiming you have to be psychotic and manic depressive to understand the deaper meaning behind the music. To me these people are the biggest posers of them all, and they're just trying to distinguish themselfes from others in any way possible.

P.S.: I do like some Black Metal, and I realise a lot of Black Metal bands don't rely on their evil kvlt image to get attention, and that a lot of bands are true musicians first and foremost, and not attention *****s. I've researched the subject extensively, and although there is some blinding stupidity within parts of the Black Metal scene (this, the Mayhem killings, church burnings, Nazism) the majority is pretty normal.

+1 for the most part, but Ive already said why it annoys me lol.

Quote by <><
Varg would eat your face.

Varg is a joke.
Why do they insist on trying to be as extreme as possible? I dig a little bit of BM (haven't really had time to explore all of the bands, just a few), but shit like this, the Mayhem killings, or Samoth's murder puts me off it.

Only me that noticed this?

Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I agree with the guy that earlier said that it would be cool if it was fake blood. Seriously, I know people here in the metal forum that would call that cutting his arms thing emo (seriously). We here in the metal forum are not as much better as anyone else. And do remember that UG is ONE forum, I make occasional stops in the Pit myself.

As for the whole incident, I think the Shining guys are just trying to hard to be cool. Why does so few people even here in the metal forum forget that metal is all about the music? I respect your opinions, and I can accept the satanic lyrics, but the best bands on stage are the ones that focuses on the music. I saw a review in a paper here in sweden on some BM band or other, that said that making BM on stage is hard because you have to walk the line between the mystic part of the band and the music itself. This particular band (cant remember that one) was great on stage because they focused on the music and on getting the crowd going. The Shining guy was IMO simply trying to damn hard.
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
Quote by Mechanixx

P.S.: I do like some Black Metal, and I realize a lot of Black Metal bands don't rely on their evil kvlt image to get attention, and that a lot of bands are true musicians first and foremost, and not attention *****s. I've researched the subject extensively, and although there is some blinding stupidity within parts of the Black Metal scene (this, the Mayhem killings, church burnings, Nazism) the majority is pretty normal.

Hot topic mall rat.

Anyway, I really don't see what is wrong. I may be wrong here in my thinking, but a black metal show isn't something that you take the family to see, its not guns and roses. Heck most of the BM shows in the US are at lease 21 and over, and oh yes worse shit than this has been done on stage even in the US.

As for the razors, ya its "wrong" but you should be at an age where you know cutting your self with someone else's razor is "not smart". You should be 21 and over period to be in a show for black metal, I am tired of kids ruining any concert experiences I have. Sure, what they did was wrong to a lot of people. But you should know what you are getting into when going to a suicidal black metal concert.

People should take responsibility for their own actions, If you did not like where the concert was going. Leave, no one is going to kill you for leaving. If you did not leave, you do not have a right to complain.
.Anyway, I really don't see what is wrong. I may be wrong here in my thinking, but a black metal show isn't something that you take the family to see, its not guns and roses. Heck most of the BM shows in the US are at lease 21 and over, and oh yes worse shit than this has been done on stage even in the US.

As for the razors, ya its "wrong" but you should be at an age where you know cutting your self with someone else's razor is "not smart". You should be 21 and over period to be in a show for black metal, I am tired of kids ruining any concert experiences I have. Sure, what they did was wrong to a lot of people. But you should know what you are getting into when going to a suicidal black metal concert.

People should take responsibility for their own actions, If you did not like where the concert was going. Leave, no one is going to kill you for leaving. If you did not leave, you do not have a right to complain.

I do agree, I mean, the razor you are right about, but you never know when you are stepping into a "suicidal black metal concert". As for leaving, someone who does not leave cannot be blamed for it. After all, you have payed money to be there, you want to see the concert. If the damn singer decides to ruin it all by cutting his arms, that singer is ruining the true meaning of metal, and that meaning is the music. I dont care if a band goes and cuts their hair, I dont care if a band wears Twisted Sister outfists, I just care about the music, and if someone ruins that, I cannot be blamed for complaining.

EDIT: That above is a qoute gone bad...

Last edited by Sharp_as_steel at Feb 13, 2007,
Counterpoise ,You Are An Idiot

YAAI

Maniac is a complete ****tard. And Kvarforth is pretty stupid too. But its one incident, not representative of a whole unique genre of music.
Page 1 of 2