Clapton. Although I like his older playing better, I think he has improved a lot.
mark morton and willie adler?
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Alexi Laiho is a good example. If you listen to Children of Bodom's "Something Wild" which was made in '97, then listen to "Hatebreeder" which was made in '99, you can hear a huge difference. Whether it's cleanliness, better riffage, better structure, it's just there.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Pat Metheny just keeps getting better, and better.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by AtrumArx
Alexi Laiho is a good example. If you listen to Children of Bodom's "Something Wild" which was made in '97, then listen to "Hatebreeder" which was made in '99, you can hear a huge difference. Whether it's cleanliness, better riffage, better structure, it's just there.

Amen. He was really young when he made Something Wild, so you see his development in that album and Follow the Reaper. Then he develops a completely new style with Hate Crew Death Roll and Are You Dead Yet. Although many people think hes gotten worse from those two albums, he really hasn't. Just new type of stuff that he wants to do. I think there is a new album coming out this year. . . at least my friend said so, so we'll see what he has to offer.
Michael Angelo Batio and Adam Jones, even though all of Adams stuff is awesome. MAB's older stuff sucks ass, too much shredding.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Vai keeps pushing the limits. He's the most incredible musician on earth. There's nobody who can match his awesomeness. Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Eric Johnson, Satch, Jeff Beck, Petrucci, they're all getting better with time.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Matt Bellamy - that man is amazing
Claudio Sanchez - if you compare his work in the first Co&Ca album with say, Good Apollo, he does sound so much better.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
I have to agree with the guys from LOG.
While some of you arent big fans, the guys from Trivium seem to have gotten a lot better in all of their songs, be it songwriting or technical ability.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Larry Lalonde. His stuff with Possessed rocks but his Primus stuff is really exceptional
now this brings up ... which guitarist have gotten worse....?different thread i know
Quote by backupbass1
now this brings up ... which guitarist have gotten worse....?different thread i know

Exactly, don't bring it into this one, it's not on subject.
Have to agree concerning Matt Bellamy. He went from simply chord/appregio play, to heavy intense riffs and solos, now he's on simple note combinations that really show off what you can do with a single string.

Then he switches string and you want to marry the guy all over again
Quote by backupbass1

Billie Joe Armstrong, the lead guitarist in ANthrax (although thats just carpal tunnel limiting him....), and the Edge (arguably.... compare the Fly and Sunday Bloody Sunday to Vertigo...) have all gotten at least marginally worse.
^^ but thats not what we're talking about. And the edge has always sucked.

But I digress.

I think the guy in Death got better as they progressed.
The beatles got much better as they went on. Same with Pete Townsend